Everton Interested in Charlie Davies

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The French media are saying that Everton has interest in signing Charlie Davies after DC refused the option to sign him.

Hhmmm, what y'all think? Is he ready? I have my doubts. Think his head still isnt right among other things. But maybe being thrown into the fire will be what it takes to get some of that old magic back.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton- ... z1frkKxAxB

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...n-everton-fc-s-american-link-100252-29908780/

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

After reading the article, surely the 1.2 million dollar price tag was the reason for a non-permanent deal by DCU. I watched him once this season, so it's really hard for me to assess where he is, other than from that limited exposure he looked a step or two off his old pace. The general rule is it's the second or third year of coming back where you see the improvement.

I'm not a big fan of him suing, instead of looking at the poor choices he made that night. He did score 11 goals in 26 games, and the fact he lost the comeback player of the year award to Beckham is a joke (um..he almost died you idiot voters)

I think it would be great for him and potentially for the USMNT to be immersed in football 24/7, but would he contribute to Everton on the pitch?? I'm highly skeptical. However, if he were to manage to make the bench and even get in for a few late game sub appearances it would be an amazing story.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

4 of those 11 goals were from pk's, fwiw.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

1) I don't think he is ready for a team like Everton.
    2) I am not buying this rumor.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, since the rumors are coming from the French media, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone at Sochaux is planting rumors to drum up interest. No way were DC paying over a million for him. And he is not ready for the prem yet. His speed is not there now, but like Joe said after injuries like that maybe within two or three years he'll be fully recovered. And that should be coming soon if he's ever going to regain the speed. Plus, he seems a bit of head case, especially with him thinking he should have been picked for the WC.