Eto'o to...Uzbekistan?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by richardhkirkando, Jul 17, 2008.

1. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

2. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Eto

I'm confused. (By the poor Engrish-esque translation.) I also can't imagine any club in Uzbekistan has what it'd cost to buy Eto'o. This seems like more of a goodwill visit or something along those lines than anything else. (Also, none of the other three guys listed as part of the "delegation" are among the group who would have the authority to agree to sell Eto'o, unless "Joan Patsy" is Uzbek for "Joan Laporta".)

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Looks like Sky Sports picked this up too:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html

There's a quote from Eto'o saying that he's considering an offer from Kuruvchi, as well as one from the club's manager. I know there have been high-profile players who have gone to play for unknown clubs before, but most of them were 40 year olds looking for one last big paycheck. I really hope this happens, just for the sheer ridiculous-ness of the whole thing.

4. SamStej

SamStej New Member

According to Sky Sports News Kuruvchi is only four years old and draw about 1,000 per match.
    Does anyone know if anything comparable to this has ever happened? As far as a player of his caliber still in his prime moving from a club like Barcelona to nothing...

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

6. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member