EPL, Money, and Promotion

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, May 29, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I read this yesterday and it is an interesting article.

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Good find Don and thanks for sharing.

I saw on FSC that Fulham is 5th on the list of Prem teams in total debt @ $358M ($100M of that is a no interest loan by MAF to the team). Chelsea was over $1.2B, and Manu at over a $1B (I don't recall actual), Arsenal, and was 3rd or 4th at under $1B but more than $500M, if I remember correctly.

All I can say is wow. With the TV revenues generated, and on the surface (cause I don't know what the overall revenues by club are), it seems as though these clubs are spending investors money to success rather than just their Chairmans.