EPL half season awards

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Dec 26, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's mine:

Best Goalkeeper: Brad Friedel, Aston Villa -- I do believe he's playing better now than when he was selected at the end of season as the EPL's best a few years back.

Best Defender: Brede Hangeland, Fulham -- Call me prejudiced, but I can't think of one defender more dominating, more consistent, or more vital to his club.

Best Midfielder: Stephen Ireland, Manchester City -- Probably the best player in the league. I don't like this Granny-killer, but the boy can play.

Best Striker: Dirk Kuyt, Liverpool -- NOBODY will agree with me, but he is McBride-like in his commitment and work-rate, and he's deadly in front of goal [except against us].

Best Manager: Phil Brown, Hull City -- Yes, many of you will pick Roy, but Brown's keeper, defense, midfield, and strikers are all inferior to ours, and they're above us in the league. Considering what Roy has accomplished with us, you have to give Brown his due -- at least for the first half.

Best Side, Liverpool -- That's the girl I took to the dance; I'm sticking with her.

Your choices?

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Best GK; League position, competent back 4 (or lack thereof) can muddy great gk play. Hard to go against the big Aussie between the pipes or Friedel. Special mention has to go Robert Green of Spam. Every time I see highlights that dude is making spectacular saves.

Best Defender; You can always name the usual suspects, but the Hangman has been playing out of his mind. Please MAF repeat these words.."HE IS NOT FOR SALE!!!!"

Best Midfielder; Have to agree w/HD the kook at Citeh is playing on a different level. Barry at Villa has put aside the controversy and gotten on to the job at hand.

Best Striker; Selfish, tempermental, and eventually will be a cancer (perfect for the putrid jersey he wears) it however can't be denied Anelka has been the best so far at his position.

Best Manager; Brown still, but Hull looks to be coming back to earth and Woy and Steve Bruce have to be in the discussion.

Best Team; Going by points it's the Scousers, but when a group comes together for the plays beyond it capabilities that is the definition of "Team". Hull has been the story of season.

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Best Goalkeeper: Brad Freidel, best keeper this year outside of the big 4. Boaz Myhill was in the running until recently.

Best Defender: Loyalty causes me to say Brede Hangelend however, Michael Turner of Hull and Bosingwa of the scum have been stout as well.

Best Midfielder: Ireland has been a force but I'd have to go with either Fat Frank or Ashley Young. Since he's outside the big 4, I'll go with Ashley Young.

Best Striker: Gotta be Nicholas Anelka. Agbonlahor would be my runner-up although, I agree with Don, Kuyt has been good this year.

Best Manager: We're only 3 back of Hull and after 2 tonkings to the tune of 9-2 combined, I'd pass on Brown and give it to our own Roy Hodgson. You have to be impressed with the job Martin O'Neill has done cracking the top 4 as well as Steve Bruce's work with Wigan.

Best Side: Ugh, I think they'll win it, so I have to go with chelsea.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Can we add Fulham's Offal to Best Website?

Seriously, the video highlights are amazing.