Energy: Alt stocks, futures fall

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 18, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Watching Bloomberg, this AM, see that Al Gore's stocks are diving a little. Look for the Dem congressional leadership to mount a new drilling-denial attack.

Related

I'm GUESSING that the 'old' tech has been oversubscribed and the 'new' -esp solar- tech doesnt yet have a good vehicle.

If you put your money in the old solar tech, especially 'thick-film', you're gonna lose money or you may already have.

Not looking heavy into 'wind' tech problems but I think most of them are related to 'gearbox' reliability issues.
    {added: I'm probably wrong, there... it's what to do with the power in 'non-peak'. See below.}

And let's not forgot where the Dem's puppetmaster is putting HIS money.

2. pettyfog

Pelosi, however, jumps into bed with T Boone
    despite this warningon the efficacy of wind power... and
    NYT: Big Wind - In Rural New York, Windmills Can Bring Whiff of Corruption
    Golly! Just to shut a small town mouth! Imagine what a House Majority leader would be able to pick out 'as a gift'!

Do I have to remind you that T Boone's REAL agenda is in his water pipeline, and his interests in LNG for vehicles? The windfarms are a cover.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Why do you hate Oklahoma State University football so much?

4. pettyfog

Good one!
    - - - - - -- - - -
    Why dont you guys write some emails and letters asking your elected questions about these things? GOP or Dem, doesnt matter, they all pay attention when votes are on the line.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We write our Congressman and Senators all the time. Senator Hutchinson is very quick to respond by the way. Senator Cornyn, not so much. We're not on the correct fundraising list, I guess.

Having said that, I think it's fair to point out from time to time that elected representatives -- like those people employed in the White House -- work for us and are accountable to us. If you have a concern or issue to raise or question to ask, don't waste your time with 'fog or me, contact your elected representative. These days it's even easier to do so, with MOST folks in Washington comfortable with the electronic age.

Democracy means government by the people. If we don't let our representatives know what we think, how we feel, or what we want, how can we expect them to be responsive to what we think, how we feel, or what we want?

One hint, though. Try to make your concerns YOUR concerns. Just cutting and pasting your name onto a form letter or email composed by a political pressure group, blog, or lobbyist, just makes you a "me too" and, at best, all you'll get out of it is contributing to an electronic blackboard marked "pro" and "con."

Thanks for bringing this up, 'fog!

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I like them when they play the paperclips (OU, for you B12 outsiders), otherwise the reasons are far too numerous to mention (but they range from TBP to "I'm a man, I'm 40").