"Drawing" close to record

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Jan 29, 2007.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I think this is one record we can do without right now. We need the full three Tuesday!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +to+record

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I agree we don't want this record -- we'd be tied with Norwich City and Southampton. And what do they have in common? CCC

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A semi-dubious distinction for sure, let's hope for the 3 pts. to break the string. What I thought was interesting is reading the teams that were playing in the top league in England in 94'...Swindon Town, Wimbledon?? For us who've only been following the EPL for a few years one of the best things about it is relegation. Wouldn't it be great to have organizations in our professional leagues be rewarded or punished for how they're run? Teams like the Arizona Cardinals, Pittsburgh Pirates, or Atlanta Hawks should be relegated for their sustained ineptitude.

4. Jacob

Jacob New Member

You make a good point. I can hardly watch any American sport including MLS soccer because of the lack of a relegation/promotion system. The problem is we don't have lower league support for most of our sports. I've heard in various interviews that the MLS is at least 10 years away from a relegation/promotion system because of the lack of soccer exclusive stadiums and lower league support.

It does look promising though with the further development of the USL. Next season I'll be getting season tickets to see the Atlanta Silverbacks play regardless. By the end of it we will have a 15,000 seat stadium. Not too bad. http://www.atlantasilverbacks.com/