DHS hit piece - Something or Nothing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 14, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Several blogs have got hold of a purported DHS position paper {pdf} on 'radical conservatives'.
    In it, any organization that loudly protests big government or Statism is mentioned as a potential terror org.

Note this comes in the wake of a similar paper by the MO Highway Patrol, which was real and got the Director who commissioned and published it fired..

The problem is the file is not available on the official DHS site. Yet repeated calls to DHS, by folks such as Michelle Malkin, have yet to come up with a denial.

So... is it grass, or astroturf?

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

well, well.

Turns out it's 'Something'.

Just another behind the scenes smear from the magical mind of Rahm Emanuel, make no mistake about it. thank God this is too much for at least ONE true Liberal Democrat, and one who cant be accused of being a 'Blue Dog' either.
    Well, good for him but his displeasure and statement are more a sign of real Liberals having to make a decision in the future, rather than a sign-post of whether there will ever be disclosure on what this is about.
    congress, is not run by 'Real Liberals' as I'm sure most are becoming aware. It is run by machine politicians. And they probably still make weekly planning conference calls to someone somewhere in the north east.

Here's the official White House view:
    Of course the President did not instigate this.. he probably didnt even know about it. Same as he never heard of the Tea Party movement.

Like I said, you dont have to look far for the real culprit. Problem is he was probably hand-picked by the same gang who picked the candidate.

Bring us together, my ass.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

News flash: as a result of their combined, concerted efforts, the Republican Party has lost control of both houses of Congress and the executive branch. This loss of control is temporary, but it does mean that the government no longer makes decisions that Fox News applauds and Rush Limbaugh tells everyone else to applaud. You see, some times people vote for folks that don't win [don't I know it]. When that happens, those who have recently lost out can either learn from their mistakes and get closer to the center of what is important to the electorate, or they can whine and create disunity. Which will it be?

I wonder ... .

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I still have not been able to read the actual report. The links dont work or arent links. This is likely just some bureacrats trying to do their job, and the truth is that pretty much anyone could end up being a terrorist - including a veteran (anyone remember Timothy McVeigh).

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I agree, but the Democrats or some Democrats wanted to play politics with the report. There really are some progressives in America who think right-wing America is just as dangerous as Al Qaeda. The Timothy McVeighs of the world are out there and our government should have assessments on these guys, but it didn't need to be highlighted.