Dempsey Speaks, and he is NOT pissed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Nov 18, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sounds like Roy has completed his lab work in Psychology regarding motivating East Texans

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... yForm.aspx

The Deuce is focused and ready to kick ass. For what the Premier League is about to receive, may the lord make them truely thankful!

2. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Here's to hoping that Clint keeps it up. His recent form has certainly earned him a starting spot.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

He is a player who is wise beyond his years and wears his heart on his sleeve. What's not to like about the Texas native. Jimmy may be the hero for most Fulham supporters, but Dempsey's competitiveness and dedication to winning is unrivaled by any other Cottager.

4. DMiller

DMiller New Member

While were on the Dempsey subject. He looked thinner to me last Saturday in comparison to last year. I thought I noticed it during his cameo sub appearances earlier in the season but defintely noticed Saturday. It also looks like he is a bit quicker both in ball moves and overall speed. Taking off a few pounds would certainly contribute to that.

5. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Clint's form is excellent and he's provided the team with an extra dimension against Tottenham. Jimmy Bullard isn't the only one who may take a long shot!

But seriously, he looked really good and tenacious on the right side, complementing well with Simon Davies on the left. Hopefully he can continue doing well not just for his sake, but for the sake of the team. I don't think Gera has the same competitive fire or is as versatile; even though I think he's a good midfielder in his own right.

6. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

I've enjoyed his play recently. I'd actually love to see Gera and Dempsey on the pitch at the same time. Gera's attacking mindset combined with Dempsey's aggression might give us a midfield pairing to compliment Zamora and Johnson.

Good time to be Fulham. We're getting a taste of what this club had when it first emerged into the Premier League. Back then, there was a sense that anything was possible. While time and experience has certainly put a necessary limit upon those ambitions, we now look like a club that can do more than just reach mid-table security.

Dempsey probably is the poster child for the club as a whole, just now reaching for better after some time of inconsistency and struggle.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hopefully Clint is the one who will walk into Anfield this weekend with some stones, and pass them out to everyone else. I remember we played OK last year, keeping a 0-0 draw for 80 minutes before losing 2-0. Points can be had there. 3 of them, in fact.