DailyKos Begins to Panic

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 29, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Because Wright just wont shut up and go away.

... dont forget his forthcoming BOOK!

But Wright is child's play once Barack's OTHER associations start getting scrutiny.

He's claimed Bill Ayers {and Bernardine Dohrn} are just 'acquaintances', but they are more than that. You cant get away with that in politics... like saying Hillary Clinton and Terry McAuliffe are 'just acquaintances'.

I was surfing the radio presets last night and heard Hannity say that there's lots more damaging stuff to come out.. so today I did a little scratching arouind the net...
    Here's what issues are going to come out if Obama is the candidate selected:

http://www.theobamafile.com/

You might not like what you read there, but I read what I looked at pretty thoroughly and there's fodder there.

Example: Obama says he's never been a muslim and never attended a Madrassa.
    Well, Yes and no.
    It's like if your Unitarian child goes to a parochial school and learns to say the Rosary, and quote bible passages in Latin.

Is that fair? Dunno... but it's certain he wasnt telling 'the whole truth'.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The process of picking through the skeletons in the closet is an essential, inseparable part of picking our political representatives, especially Presidents. But wouldn't you rather know, than not?

Well, wouldn't you?!?!

(If you answered quickly, you may want to think about it a little longer.)

3. pettyfog

They ALL got 'em.. bubba

Added: Obama's furious. On Press conf right now: "Wright's comments contradicts everything I've been saying, how I was raised and everything I stand for."

I dont know about that. He is either pretty naive or he's attempting to 'unify from the left'. Which would be sort of like Pat Buchanan unifying from the Right.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

JOHN HAGEE. End of story.

5. pettyfog

It might be.. except that was ONE dumb move, not 20 years worth.

Hagee's extreme but what if I endorse McCain? I hold generally the same views on the vatican establishment. I just dont call it the work of the devil. Does Hagee call good catholics evil? Would he call Benedict evil?

McCain made another one last week in ranting against the NC GOP for the Wright ad. He hadnt even SEEN it {and even Obama said the point was fair game}. So I'd consider that maybe his staff didnt dig deep enough to find the anti-papist views.

Added:

Some KosKidz are taking the other view, though.. Barack 'Uncle Tom' Obama
    I think that might now sum up a few Liberals' view of Obama. But only because they werent paying attention or looking close at the source of the RW blogs' charges. Obama's been playing political hardball since he first ran for office.

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

It'll be interesting to see if these charges stay in the fridges or if mainstream Republicans try to pick them up and peddle them. The fact that Hannity was previewing suggest that they may. We all knew it would get nasty, if they try to run with even half the smut on that site it'll be far worse than I anticipated.

In either case he'd better get ready for it. People are very susceptible to that shit. What happens will most definitely say a lot about where the country is and where its not.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Look over there! Look at the crazy pastor! Pay no attention to McCain's horrible gas tax holiday plan (which contradicts his stated goal to work against climate change), his terrible views on the war in Iraq, or any of those bothersome little "issues".

I've gotta hand it to the Republican spin machine, they're great at distracting voters from things that are actually important.

8. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Come on JMH, i'm sure many republicans would say the same about Democrats. The issues important to them probably aren't too important to you.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Constantly-increasing cost of living isn't important to Republicans? I fail to see why that would be the case.

10. pettyfog

So.. what to do when you think things are getting out of hand?

Markos Zuniga knows....

Pat Buchanan: Bush more unpopular than Wright

Yep.. let's get back to what kos knows and loves best, Bush Derangement.
    And who better for "Screw 'em" to quote than Pat "Screw 'em" Buchanan.

I dont think I'm alone... I dont give a flip what Pat Buchanan thinks about ANYTHING. Well, sorta. It's always interesting to hear what someone would say if there was no international trade, air travel or the internet.

So never mind telling me what Henry Ford, Charles Lindberg, or Robert Taft -let alone Ron Paul- might say, either.

It WOULD be interesting, however, to see the polling disapproval breakout on Bush, though.
    - heh
    - - - -- - - - - - -- - -
    Other inanities:

AP: Obama says public tired of hearing about his former pastor

well, I know I am. But when 'it's all about me' personalities compete, it ALWAYS gets tedious.

And I wonder WHICH voters she is talking about.

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

DailyKos is always in a state of panic.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Well, if you're tired of hearing about it, and I'm tired of hearing about it, then probably a lot of others are too.

13. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Cost of living? Seriously, when has there been a time when the cost of living has not increased. It's like hearing my dad talk about going to the movies on a quarter. That's all republicans fault?

14. pettyfog

No, it's not all 'Republicans' fault. It CAN be laid at the feet of our elected, though... whatever party panders.

Because it's not the cost of living rising, it's the value of the dollar falling. And the value of the dollar falls ..WHEN?

When the commodity on which it's based {oil} rises in value AND when more money is printed in order to lower the Prime Rate.

And the latter happened.. WHY?

Because of the mortgage crisis.

The only difference between now and before {meaning dollar v Euro, Sterling and Yen} is that EVERYONE 'owns a share of THIS pie!'

15. jmh

jmh New Member

No, I didn't say that cost of living was all Republicans' fault and I don't believe that's the case. But if you believe that the cost of living is outpacing the growth in people's income, and that it's therefore a problem, then that should be an issue of concern to you, regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum.

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well what's happening is exactly what I said would happen if Obama dissociates himself from Wright. He's being called an Uncle Tom pandering to the white man. Whats really scary to me is this

It really is hopeless if every black American thinks that. I wish the person who said that would go find me another country in the world where blacks are as successful as here in the US, another country that is less racist than the US, another country whose wealthiest and most prestigous companies and universities voluntarily practice affirmative action. I wish that person would come spend a day of my white middle class white life with me and enlighten me as to where all this racism is.

I would like to ask the person who said that what about all the black people who risked their lives and lost their lives to fight slavery, what about all the blacks who died in the Civil War fighting for the Union, what about all the blacks who fought and died for the US in two WW's, Vietnam, and the Gulf Wars? Arent you disrecting them and throwing them overboard when you say Rev Wright's "God Damn America" is how all of Black America thinks?

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

The question may have been retorical but I'm going to anwser it anyway. "God Damn America" is obviously not how all black Americans think.

I don’t know if it is your intent or not Mo but your post makes it sound like you believe there is no racism in middle class white America and that Black Americans should be afforded no grievances. I dissagree with this.

Everyone knows things get exponentially better all the time. And we know despite this some have taken it upon themselves to spread the poison of victim hood. This is true but what is also true is that we are less than 150 years removed from the civil war, just over 50 years removed from Brown vs Board.

White Americans who are three, four, five generations removed and couldn't name a city in Sweden celebrate their Swedish, Irish, German, Italian, whatever it maybe heritage yet it seems when blacks do the same they are often confronted with (ungrateful and so find some where else) acusations by an angry and defensive white america. For the majority of the time that blacks have been in America blacks have been discriminated against in America. It is a huge part of their history and I do not fault them for paying that history mind and reacting as any reasonable person would, in anger to it. I don’t agree with Reverend Wrong and certainly not with uncle tom accusations but I do in fact believe there is racism in middle class white America.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Every time someone repeats the "God damn America" quote without the proper context, God kills a kitten.

19. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I don't think that it falls on party lines. I don't think the election of McCain or Hillary or Obama will have any immediate impact as far as cost of living is concerned. I do think the price of oil as fog mentioned earlier plays a much larger role.

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Spencer, I had a very long reply but I lost it in cyberspace. Doink! I have to get going now but will reply latter at the charges laid before my door (i.e angry and defensive white america)