CWS 2009

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Jun 23, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Did anyone else watch the Bayou Bunnies outlast the 'horns last night.

Talk about must see TV. Aside from all that annoying "ping" crap, it was riveting. The Longhorns, who were the small ball kings all season, smacking the crap out of the ball, and the Bengals rallying with two out in the top of the 9th for a tie, not to mention going on to win in extras.

Both teams were ravaged by the heat and dehydration, but kept on putting everything out there. Good stuff all 'round, and there should be two more games to go.

LSU LSU LSU!!!!!!!

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Oh yeah, I watched. :roll:

Good result though. Geaux LSU.

3. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Yes Don, I watched as well. I was there last week when the Horns beat Southern Miss. I'll be watching again tonight.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't know how they'll find 20 guys with enough energy to play, but I'll be there again tonight as well.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

First game was excellent. Quality TV. Second night Jungmann shut the Bayou Bengals down. All rides on Wednesday. Geaux Tigers!!!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The game took forever to get started and then was over almost immediately. The thing about baseball continues to be "good pitching stops good hitting." Been that way for more than 150 years.

The Bengals will come back tonight.

7. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Don, I hope you're right. However, like you said, good pitching beats good hitting and Texas has the pitching. Sure is exciting watching those guys though. There's nothing better than college athletics in my opinion. So much energy and emotion for these guys.

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

How was Omaha Golden Eagle? I have yet to go to the CWS or Omaha. I've driven through and visited Nebraska twice before. Nice State imo.

Tigers wins! Tigers win! 6 National Championships in the last 15-20 years, here we come USC!!!

9. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

It was a great experience and one I would return for. I drove over from Denver. For the most part, there is nothing between Denver and Lincoln besides birds and deer. The folks of Omaha have a great thing going and are extremely hospitable. I think it will be interesting when they move it downtown. There's so much going on in the neighborhoods around the stadium, I'm curious if they will be able to maintain the atmosphere that made it so much fun.

I was happy to see LSU win, but have a lot of respect for TX coach and what he does with that program.