Cruisin'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mnlandshark, Apr 25, 2005.

1. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Hey all... looking for some advice on Cruise Ships. Going with 3 others (2 guys, 1 girl) on a cruise some time this fall and we're currently shopping around...

We've heard the real party happens on the Carnival lines and that the rest are old folks...

Anyone been to the Carribean or Mexico on a ship lately? Reviews? Positives? Negatives?

Any help is appreciated!

-Jeremy

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Cruisin

I wouldn't go on a cruise. I've never been, but friends of mine who have gone say that although there is free booze and food on the ship, the ship gets boring after a while.

You can basically spend the same money, get a place on an island somewhere and spend the entire time on the beach drinking and having fun, instead of sitting on a boat traveling back and forth to beaches.

Most will just stop at a port, let you get out, everyone runs around, local stores and markets jack up prices for the afternoon, and then you need to be back on the ship in the afternoon, not giving you much time to do much of anything.

just my two cents

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hey Jeremy,
    I am leaving for a cruise in two weeks and I can let you now how it goes...its with my parents, bro-in-laws, sisters and nieces and nephews and on the Royal Carribean cruise line.

This will be my first one, although it will be slightly different than your experience will let you know how it goes.

I leave from NJ and go to Bermuda for 7 days...yeeeehaaaawwww!!

4. martin

martin New Member

RE: Re: Cruisin

My first ever cruise shoves off Friday afternoon. It's a long weekend in the Bahamas. A couple of my friends are getting married on the boat. Luckily it's during an international break, so I don't have to scramble to find the Fulham score :)

Hopefully we won't get held up by pirates.

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

If you do give them my email... smokin@fulhamusa.com

I REALLY want to be a pirate!

6. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Just got back yesterday afternoon from my cruise! We went to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize... a wonderful 8-nighter on Carnival...

Now I'm back at work and trying to remember exactly what my job is... I seem to have forgotten...