Crossley and Pembridge Sign Extensions

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 4, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

From Fulhamfc.com:

Fulham Football Club has today announced a year-long extension to the contracts of Mark Pembridge and Mark Crossley.

Mark Pembridge joined the Club from Everton in September 2003.

The 35-year old midfielder, born in Merthyr Tydfil, signed for Everton in 1999 from Portuguese giants Benfica. A left-sided player, Mark is known for being a terrific striker and crosser of the ball.

Mark Crossley signed for Fulham in the summer of 2003 from Middlesbrough.

The 37-year old keeper has made over 400 career appearances since 1987 and is only one of two goalkeepers to save a penalty in an F.A. Cup Final, the other being his goalkeeping coach Dave Beasant.

Both players expressed their delight at securing a further term with the Club.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Umm...I'm not sure how to feel about the club signing back-up players who spend quite a bit of time in the injury room. They both can do their fair share for the team when healthy(not great but adequate when in a pinch).

So, here's to hoping they can stay healthy and contribute to the cause.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As long as these two are not going to be looked upon to play key roles for this team, I am okay with this. These two should pick up very limited time on the pitch and really only should play if injuries are picked up by players. I guess it is good to have some depth.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

to quote Keith Olbermann

aren't these guys 206?

It's good to be Welsh.