Crew 1-1 Chivas..Who cares!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, May 13, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

We've got Guillermo!

And this guy is NOT a soccer writer. He's just interested in the franchise staying put.

I felt the same way.. the Crew defense sucked and Razov scored right away... but watching GBS at work with Moreno, and directing the attack, was a joy I havent had in a long time. Turned out GBS got the assist on a perfect throughball to Grabavoy who put it in the net.. after it pinged off both posts!

I left Crew stadium with a big grin.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You'll know you have something when suburban kids at their AYSO games are trying his moves and arguing "I'm Schelotto" no "I'm Schelotto!"

Hope you see it soon!

3. pettyfog

Before Franek so rudely attempted to hijack this thread with what he considered 'trivia' but actually deserved a thread of its own.. I was goona add:

The paid attendance was only 12,000, actual maybe 9 or 10. AGAIN the weather turned just in time for the game.. {dont we have a steep enough hill to climb,Lord?}

But the atmosphere at that game was FANTASTIC. If it had been sold out it would have sounded like the Mexico WCQ!

I brought some people I barely know. I knew they watched soccer because when I did some work at their place, they were watching the WC and screaming and yelling.... and they loved it.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

As excited I am about the Crew getting another point, I am starting to worry a bit about their inabilty to get the W's they need to truely content in the heavy-sided Eastern Conference.

I'm really starting to dislike the two conference system.

5. pettyfog

We older and wiser now... the ONLY standings chart that matters is the playoff standings... so we essentially ARE single table.

Yeah, we have an uphill battle due to the scheduling, but typically one conference or the other really sux so it evens out.