craven cottage is to quiet make it more intimidating

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dino, Jun 4, 2005.

1. dino

dino New Member

I dont know if it is just me but Craven Cottage has got to be the most quitest ground in the premership. We should make it more intimidating for the away team. When Fulham Fans Sing the little group in the hammersmith stand are boys seem to play better. you go to chelsea and all of the stand sing and dont say thats just because there the champions, because you go to portsmouth and all four stands sing. They have got to have the most intimidating fans in the premership and i think thats what fulham fans need to do . We should sing for the whole 90 mins. Come On Lads support the boys and help the hammersmith stand out.

2. Rob@ffc

Rob@ffc New Member

I agree Dino. We are too quiet.

3. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

i agree in most part...the only real noise seems to come from hammy end or if you're fortunate enough to get to an away match...i'm pleased that i'm not sitting in RiversideZzzzz anymore, if i had one more evil glare from a fellow riversider for singing to loudly then i would have to throw a shoe at them!

4. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

In all fairness, we did make an effort to make the Cottage noisier and more intimidating by sending our very own American Mike over for several games. Did it not work?

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Of course it worked!!!!

And I'm not sure that we are too quiet, I mean, we not even close to being the quietest (is that a word?) crowd in the Prem. And when we are doing well I thinkt he Cottage is quite loud. I sat in the Stevenage, the Hammy and the Riverside this year...

The Stevenage was surprisingly loud, the Hammy was the loudest (especially at the portsmouth match in April) and the Riverside was a morgue.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Anyone have the link on the Guardian article on Fulham fan demographics?

I think much of the answer lies there... Riverside, ahem.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The Funny thing is that the Riverside has ALWAYS been quiet...

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: craven cottage is to quiet make it more intimidating

Is this the link you were looking for?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 85,00.html

9. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: craven cottage is to quiet make it more intimidating

The club must be loving this story - its sure to attract sponsors with serious cash!

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: craven cottage is to quiet make it more intimida

Ayup, that is it... and therein is the secret; seed the stands of stuff-shirts with just a few middle-class looking and well dressed fans who are very vocal and passionate.

THEN play exciting football and slowly but surely the rest will get in the mood to vocalize, too.

Peer pressure means a lot.