CPAC: The Gay and Odious

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 20, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Never mind Republican Big Tent, the Conservative Congress this year set some milestones

The Gay Conservative group GoProud raised some hackles by inclusion.. and the head of SoCal YAF went off on a rant about that, when it came his turn to speak. And got booed off
    - That's a Media Matters clip.. and I dont think it showed exactly what they meant it to. Of course some of the bubblehead youtube commenters got their slant. let me know if that link doesnt show the audience or mc at the end.

Bad News: The John Birch Society is back in as a co-sponsor.

Well.. just keep 'em in a corner huddling with Pat Buchanan and the Pauls.

Good News: Romney's back and better than ever. Most observers feel he was right on tone with his speech. It'll work long term unless he promises more than his record says he'll deliver.

Pawlenty, OTOH, hit some clinkers in his address. Trying to be topically funny with Biden-type references doesnt get it.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

John Birch -- I literally forgot that their little band existed.

Now, can they leave my cranium again?

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Looking at all of the potential candidates for 2012, Romney has my vote right now by a wide margin. And surprisingly, the fact that he's Mormon isn't a major contributor to that view (though I'm forced to admit that it is A contributor).

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah... right.

Whatever, he's mine too. Providing he says what he plans to do, while at least, putting forward conservative stakes in the ground, and then follows up.

In fact he was my choice last time, after Rudy flamed out. Rudy would have been a much better Pres than he was a campaigner.
    Huckabee, please no, and dont make us embarrassed by pointing it out.

Only Romney will have the will and expertise to start fixing the chaotic mess this country will be in by then.

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Biggest factor for me is his record in both the government and private sector in balancing budgets and making smart financial decisions. I think we could use some corporate bottom line sense for a while. Yeah, I'm a social conservative as well, so we're aligned in that regard too.