Counterintuitive R US

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 28, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The Neilsen Ratings people "scientifically" determined the MOST HATED team in baseball, and that team is ...

The Cleveland Indians? :shock:

They lost like 103 games or something. WTF? Oh, and my Astros are evidently hated more than THE NEW YORK YANKEES!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,237433

In what universe? :twisted:

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I call bullshit. I very much doubt a person in Oakland cares about the Indians, but I know they still hate the Yankees after that playoff series years ago!

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

People that live in Cleveland are the only ones that hate the Indians - didnt realize the city population was booming.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Gimme a break!

Talk about useless info.. see what happens when real science is used in a computer model that doesnt make sense?

Like Mo says, who hates the Indians?..
    No baseball fan group 'hates' the Reds. Red Sox fans dont hate the Reds. Only Reds fans 'hate' the reds.

But think about what happens in a season when Indians or Reds fans have reason to LOVE them!

Wonder where Detroit is on the list.
    Or even Atlanta which didnt make the list because even when they are playing well they cant get attendance!
    Or Kansas City.

There's a difference between 'derided' and 'despised'.

So like the column implies that information is basically useless without further input.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

It would be interesting to see what came out if Nielsen did the same for EPL teams. And 'Least Hated'
    Betcha Fulham would be near #1 'least hated'

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

The Cleveland Indians as most hated?

Too funny. I beg to differ.

And I want to introduce some of these American voters to They Who Will Not Be Named. They dwarf the Indians in every regard in that area.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

As a Dodger fan in the 70s and 80s, I hated the Reds. And even though I no longer bleed Dodger blue, I still hate the Reds. Still hate the Yankees too.