Cool Stuff coming

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 26, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

10 Tech Concepts You Need to Know for 2007

Note the 'printable solar panels' I disagree with the short term impact.. will be huge in a few years.
    Also this will make possible the 'Printable' LCD tech which will allow window transmissivity to be adjusted with your universal remote

The bendable concrete, though, if it works out anywhere near as good as it ought ot, will be the most welcome to drivers.

Most worrying: Data cloud

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

3. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

The bendable concrete sounds like the best breakthrough if it is actually put to use. If it can withstand climate changes it could put an end to the constant road construction here in the Mitten.

4. Nside

Nside New Member

I was watching Discovery HD, some show about alternative fuels.

Hydrogen looks to be the most promising, but it relies on batteries almost like the hybrids. Battery technology just isn't to the point where I would feel good about having a big expensive one in my car.

NiMH batteries are too heavy and just don't have the lifespan needed, and Lithium Ion batteries, well, we've all seen those laptops exploding with faulty LI batteries... that's just 5 cells, imagine 5,000 or so cells exploding...

I'm starting to think more toward the bio-diesel (vegetable oil) or Ethanol (Corn Liquor) ... I know there are some major problems with the production of those 2 fuels, but it's nothing that a scientific epiphany couldn't handle...

I also saw on that show that a company has figured out a way to turn almost anything in a junked car that is non-metallic into bio-diesel, making cars almost 100% recyclable. That's pretty cool.