Congressional Loan sleaze

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jun 14, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Remember Barry going off on how Countrywide was one of those sub-prime bad guys?

Evidently not TOO bad.. now several senators seem to be caught up in 'corporate favoritism'. NYT: Senators Caught in Mortgage Fallout

I like this:

... investing in rental properties, and 'didnt know where to get a loan in that state'

Yeah... right!

* And you know Johnson... Barry's former director of VP search, raising eyebrows for his chumminess with Countrywide while director of Fannie Mae, who supposedly was placing Dodd on the short list?

Johnson is no longer on the Obama circuit, he resigned after he said he wasnt an employee of the campaign.
    Leaving a guy named Holder in charge, who is unknown except for paying off Bill Clinton to pardon Marc Rich.

Change... Hope...

Correction: Steering Rich's Lawyer to payoff Bill Clinton.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nice bogus link to Obama, 'fog. I saw two senators named, along with a former Bush cabinet leader. But no indication that Obama had anything to do with it. I can wait for a post from you linking him with Al Capone [hey, they both lived in Chicago]!

About the article itself: Gee, bigshots getting sweetheart deals. I'm shocked, :shock: shocked :shock: that such things are going on. Now under a Republican, we'd never have rich, connected, white fat-cats getting preferential treatment like that.

Also, it's wonderful to see how open and pure the private sector is in financial dealings.

Oh, and I'm waiting for you to publish PROOF of the check that Holder paid to Clinton. I'm patient. I'm sure you can photo-shop something.

3. pettyfog

No... if I prove it, you'lll just come out with a 'neocon rant'. YOU DISPROVE IT and I'll rebut that.
    EXCUSE ME....Steering Rich's Lawyer to payoff Bill Clinton.

I read the evidence on a pretty reputable site, I said it, I believe it.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

no time to photoshop this morning, eh?

5. pettyfog

If I photoshop something, I'll say so...

BTW: where is that thing I photoshopped to make the wrong impression. I forget. Surely YOU remember, you keep bringing it up.