Club Statement transfer embargo

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Dec 24, 2015.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I'm sure this simpfies bringing in a new manager. NOT!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, it's definitely not a selling point. But I don't think it's as bad as it seems. We can still loan players in and it's just one transfer period. If we can just hold onto some players we will still have a pretty decent squad to build on in the summer. This season is pretty much over though.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I think it's a bigger issue than you Heather. In an industry where your future is at best on thin ice from the outset would you want to accept a position that you can't immediately begin putting your stamp on from day one? I would at a minimum be hesitant if it wasn't a big step up from my current situation.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I can't really quibble with what you're saying because it isn't the greatest news. And I love how they release it on Christmas Eve (hit enter and leave the office for Holiday before hearing fans gripe). But may not be all bad because it seems Jokanovic is coming (Fulham just have to wait for Maccabi to find his replacement before it happens). January isn't exactly the best time to buy and we're not going to get any where near promotion this season, so it's not a HUGE punishment. Might as well have Jokanovic train the squad, maybe get Husband in on loan again, and strengthen everything in the summertime. We just have to hope we stay afloat of any regulation battles. Looking at the table, we should be able to do that *vigorously knocks on wood*.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

x2
    There's nothing left to talk about here. I'll be back when Shahid Khan decides to sell the club to someone who knows something about owning a professional sports team. COYW.

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I think it's important to keep the timeline in mind. This is a byproduct of Khan's initial mistake of paring down the board and entrusting too much of the football side to Ali Mac. Knowing this was on the horizon was likely a factor in hiring a Director of Football.

Obviously the Football League realized the problems with the rule by changing the acceptable loss from £6M to £13M. I don't think some disgruntled fans are realizing just how difficult it is to go from a Premiership payroll to a Championship payroll. Player contracts are complicated & it's not as simple as just dumping players. You're somewhat at the mercy of other teams when trying to find places for high value players to land.

None of this is meant to absolve anyone though. They knew the parameters & bottom line, had to meet them. Further, they made the decision to sack Kit with this penalty looming. They had to realize it might make finding the ideal replacement more difficult. It also makes Rowett's asking for some sort of indemnity clause make more sense.

Personally, I don't think the penalty is very harsh. We don't typically do good January business anyway. But because of the penalty, we probably should have just hung onto Kit for this season because we were cruising along comfortably. Instead we have a PR mess that seems to be growing with each week. Lord help them if they don't nail the Jimmy Hill tribute Tuesday, especially if a new, well received manager hasn't been named.

dcheather likes this.
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Jeez, Jump. Don't leave us when we most need you!

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

You don't need me Don. WE need a new owner. I just hope we don't fall too far down the ladder before it happens. There's zero evidence that we will go anywhere but down under Shahid Khan's reign. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but there's just no reason for hope or optimism at this point in the club's history. None. Zero. Nada.