Cleveland FUSA gathering spot

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by SteveM19, Aug 14, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Mo and her family, and myself (no family this time :( ), will be at the Cedar/Lee Pub in Cleveland Hts at 1415 at, appropriately enough, the intersection of Cedar and Lee. Any other FUSA members are welcome to join us -- the more the merrier!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be there in spirit. Have a lot of fun and bring us a win!

By the way, you guys need a catchy name for the Cleveland gang -- sort of like Atlanta's "Dirty Whites."

3. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Or New York's "Drunken Slobs."

4. sublicon

sublicon New Member

See my avatar for proof.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well since children are often present, I think it needs to be more wholesome than "Dirty Whites"

I nominate "Cleveand Cottagers" - not as imaginative as the Atlanta gang but catchy, I think

Bumping this thread so some other Clevelanders might see it.

6. Clevelandmo

7. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    If I didn't have somewhere to be at 1pm tomorrow, I would definately consider driving from Buffalo.

8. Clevelandmo

If you drive all the way from Buffalo, all the beers are on me! COYW!

9. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    Now that is an incentive to drive to Cleveland...

10. Clevelandmo

Well this week the game is on Fox so I'll be watching from home, but hopefully you'll join us for one of the other delayed Setanta broadcasts.

You didnt really need an incentive to drive to Cleveland did you; I always figured that those who stay away are exercising amazing restraint and will power.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Same deal, I will be home this week and in the chatroom

12. arwIII1970

arwIII1970 New Member

Let me know if any Clevelanders are gathering to watch Fulham in the Cleveland area sometime. I am on the West Side, Rocky River. The Pub puts on games, but Im willing to go East to find somebody/anybody here who really likes the game, especially Fulham. I only have FSC myself so I dont get to see them as much as I would like.

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Arwill, I've seen games at The Pub before, great place. A favored place is the Cedar & Lee Pub in Cleveland Hts, at Cedar and Lee (strangely enough). It says only "PUB" on the sign. It's the baest soccer abr I hacve found on the E Side. I'm willing to go anywhere that is getting up early for the Everton game this weekend, I'll have to wait until later today to make calls to see who is open then.

14. Clevelandmo

I just checked the Setanta schedule and if it is to be believed, they are broadcasting the match live tomorrow. We should have planned something for this one. Maybe next time - I think it's too late for me to arrange it unless someone really really wants to have a Cleveland Cottagers gettogther.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Sorry Mo and anyone else, I'm out, will be attending festivities for the OSU -- Little School game tomorrow.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, Mr. Steve, does this famous chili have that spaghetti stuff in it that Ohioans love?

sorry for the hijack, Mo.

17. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Durned straight!!

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

okay; then I retract my post about having looked forward to it.

Have a great day out, Mr. Steve. We'll try to spur on the boys to give you something pleasant to come home to.

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Well Don, if you want it authentic Texas style, then I can whip up a batch with cigarette ashes and cattle crap, just for you.

20. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Trying to stir up a Texas v Ohio war are we? Disparaging our chili and barbecue are grounds for fightin'.

And to think I was rooting for you guys to administer another beating to meat-chicken (San Antone pronunciation) and to down the hopped up beverage drinking yankees.