Cincy goes for the gold, for a change!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jul 14, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

For the first time since Jack McKeon had us in the september race, against all planning by the front office... the Reds made moves that should strengthen the Club instead of recovering player equity.

That means they went for someone who might be actually able to pitch a decent relief inning or two without blowing the lead.

Amazing what difference a new owner and GM makes.

2. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

The Reds gave up far to much in trading Kearns for the much needed relief. My gues is that the Reds are playing for today, and to heck with the future. I can only hope with the money they saved, that they make another trade for some more starting pitching.

Look for Philips moving to SS next year and Friel being the everyday 2nd Baseman, but they still need pitching....And btw if I was the GM or the MGR Junior would be told to play left or right field. If the Reds want Junior to play more than another year or two Junior needs to get out of Center.....

Baseball I know and played, Soccer I understand, but I am still learnig, but I love the game.....

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What's interesting to me about this trade is that they kept Kearns and Wagner as the future of the franchise and refused to make deals in which they might have gotten some substantial players. Now they let them go for a couple of relievers not nearly as good as Danny Graves -- the guy they fired last year for flipping off the crowd.

The Big Red Joke continues.