Christmas plans and what you want for Christmas

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by omsdogg, Dec 12, 2006.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I know this is a little early, but I'm getting antsy sitting here in this cubicle. Plus, this will give you time to think about it if you don't know.

This Sunday I am going to my girlfriend's uncle's house for a Christmas party for her father's side of the family.
    I will be having dinner w/ my brothers and sisters Christmas Eve.
    Christmas day I'll be with her mom and brother's and sisters.

All I want for Christmas is a day of peaceful, relaxation around the fire.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

you know what....i might as well get greedy!!!!! Therefore, I also want Fulham to win the return match against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, and ManU. Is that too much to ask for? ;-)

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Christmas Day with HatterMom, the other half of the Tim and Bob Show, his wife and daughters ... good food, great wine, wonderful company, and about 2 hours of picking would be nice.

New Years Eve, same lineup [but at my place] minus the daugthers, and more picking.

And an average of 2 points per holiday match.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christmas

I fixed your post Don. Seeing as points will be tough to come by for Fulham, pints might be needed to drown our sorrows!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christmas

As I have said before, I will be in Poland. I am leaving December 21st and get back to Chicago on January 3rd. I will be with my wife and we are staying with her sister and family in the southern part of Poland, near the Slovakian border.

It should be a good time as my wife, her two sisters, their husbands, kids and my wife's grandma will be spending Christmas together. I have not been to Poland in the winter so this will be a first for me.

I will surely not be able to watch any Fulham matches, but I am hoping to have some Internet access to follow Fulham, the Bulls, Warriors and other such fun sports.

Also, I will have some pictures of the trip when I get back. I am hoping to make a quick jaunt to Prague as well. Not sure if that is going to happen or not, but it is being talked about.

6. psand22

psand22 Member

RE: Re: RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christmas

Yea, I've got to finish up the shopping...so I can enjoy a few days of rest before the Christmas Caravan begins. I'm looking forward to some good news from the Jan transfer window, some healthy bodies on the bench, and to spend alittle quality time with the family....the pints are just understood.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christ

cool. Never been to Poland but my girlfriends sister used to live there. Quite cold in the winter from what i understand, but i guess being in Chicago you are used to that, huh?

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christ

It will be cold, but no more than it is here in Chicago. In fact, it might be a little more mild than Chicago is. At least I am hoping it is so I can get my running and exercising done outside.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christ

ever been to the concentration camps when visiting over there? I saw some pictures....absolutely horrifying.

10. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

On Christmas itself I'll be doing same old same old, family and all that. But the remainder of the holiday I'll be in London! I'm going to see the Charlton, Chelsea, and Watford matches. First time to see a Fulham match, first time to travel abroad. Special thanks to Mike for helping me sort out some of the details. I'm so psyched to finally get over there, I leave in just 13 days! Normally I get excited for Christmas but this year it’s an after thought.

Let’s just pray our boys can get in decent form by the time I get over there.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christ

No. However, Auschwitz is only about 30 minutes from where I stayed last time and where I will stay this time as well. My wife's sister's husband has family that lives in Oswiecim, the Polish name for Auschwitz.

Most Polish people do not view the concentration camps as tourist spots and I do not want to unsettle anyone about it. Thus, I probably will not be going.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: Christmas plans and what you want for Christ

understandable why they wouldn't.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sounds great Spencer! Have a great time and take some pictures of the trip and post them on the site. We are all hoping for some points from Fulham for Christmas!! You will have a great time!

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'll be taking care of Spencer during my Christmas holiday!! Pointing him n the right direction and making sure he gets back to his family safe, sound and semi-tipsy.

Away matches are great fun and always have good atmosphere and with the CHARLTON BOAT TRIP now on, that match should be crazy. Tom, we'll be taking lots of pictures.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Have fun Sencer. Be sure to drink all the beer you can over there! 8)

And cheer on Fulham to 9 points while your at it.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Oh yeah, and be sure not to tell the immigration folks at Heathrow (or wherever you're landing) that you are not there to see football and especially not Fulham. :wink: You're only there to see friends and sight-see.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Spencer! Great news; please take photos and bring back stories. We're all envious. Give Mike a hug for us [okay, maybe not] give Katy a hug for us!

18. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Will do on the pictures.

Are you for real about this? I'd hate to run into immigration troubles.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, I am. I think I was about to put on the next plane back to the States. The woman did not believe I was there to see football matches. Perhaps it would be different for a young man, but...you will most likely breeze through if you say sight-seeing and here to see friends. Also, make sure you put an address on the entry form.

20. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Dude. I think it was because she was a chick. I was in and out of England more than Bill Bryson.

When they ask what you are here, "business or pleasure" say pleasure. If they ask for specifics say 'football'. It got me in real easy...as for Heather, she just looks suspicious.