Chavez loses one, will claim CIA influence

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 3, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Mucho surprise... the 'Emperor for Life' referendum goes down, 51% voting 'NO'.
    Evidently Hugo didnt have enough phony yes ballots ready.

Seriously.. I believe he was very confident that he had the numbers needed, without resorting to ballot counting tricks.

Gotta expect another 'shift the blame' tirade though...

Maybe:
    Hugo Chávez Alleges Conspiracy to Make Him Paranoid

2. psand22

psand22 Member

Wow, I didn't think that he could lose....being King God Lord Bufu. I'm sure the blame has already been sent out way (US). Does this mean, he's going to cut off our gas? As he was thretening....Hell, I've been driving by the Citgo stations for months.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Guess his compadres as El Dieboldo didn't come through. Just hasn't learned enough about the democratic process, eh?

4. pettyfog

You never fail to amuse don..

Rest of you, think WHY the rush to electronic voting... Dems F$$$ up an election count, push for 'better system' rather than spend money maintaining the hardware for the one that works, THEN claim a conspiracy to steal votes using the systems they howled FOR!

But.. GEE.. all that really has nothing to do with this thread, does it.. how the hell did we get there, then?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

don't know, pard. Guess you took a quick right turn and there you were.

6. pettyfog

Of course>>> I DID<<< all by myself..

Felling cheeky, Don? Answer this: Let's pretend that the Executive board of Diebold were all good Dem and MoveOn contributors.. would we being reading your meme?

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And then let's pretend that Blackwater isn't the Republican's private army and that Halliburton really wins all its contracts through open bidding.

edited to correct the "it's" "its" thing.

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Blackwater also has contracts to protect private humanitarian groups throughout the world... like NGOs who don't want to get macheted while walking around Africa.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Good to see the buffoon lost one for once. I do expect he'll get what he wants in the end, but nice that it’s not right now.

Suggests that he's losing the support of the middle class. Hugo's got that problem figured out though; pretty soon there will be no middle class in his Venezuela.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think you may be wrong on this one, Spencer. I have a feeling that the moneyed class thinks less of him than we do. This electoral defeat would make anyone in Chavez's situation more inclined to take a less public and less extreme view. This is, of course, what someone in his situation would do if he had any sense. Obviously, Chavez has no sense at all, so ... I think that the longer he makes himself the public face of Venezuela, the closer he gets to being bopped out by the oil and mineral interests. And the CIA won't have to lift a finger.

[You are right about the whole "buffoon" thing, though.]

11. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I was working off the assumption that the moneyed class hated him and the lower class loved him all along and that the middle class has largly supported him but may now be turning.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's been a while since I was south of the border, but when last in Costa Rica, workers there who were from Venezuela were constantly kidded by the locals for having such a lunatic in charge. From what I was able to gather, they enjoyed it when Chavez made President Bush fume so much, but they were embarrassed by the guy and for his alliance with Castro. I realize that I was getting this 2nd hand from a Costa Rican laborer, but it had the ring of truth. If he ever had a strong hold on the lower classes, I think it's loosened pretty good right now. With a little luck, we'll be rid of the guy -- THROUGH THE SYSTEM, PAT R. -- by next Christmas.