cell phones and plans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Jul 30, 2009.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

In the market for a new cell phone and plan. Would the good folks on this site please tell me what cell phone and service they use and the what they like and dislike about their service, please. Gracias.

2. BC

BC New Member

IPhone with AT&T. Absolutely love it. Not sure about the DC area but where I am, AT&T is a little better than Verizon in terms of strong signal in more places. When I was in Indianapolis, however, the opposite was true.

As for the iPhone, I probably don't need to go into depth since so much has been written about it. However, in terms of following football, it's great. I can check all the Fulham news, score and Fulham USA wherever I am. I don't think you'd regret getting an iPhone.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dep on calling patterns and what ELSE you use it for.. I use it as PHONE.

1. Verizon. Great coverage, least 'roam' {in ohio}. Dont get charged for other ver. user calls, has 10 favorites no charge. Lots of employer discount plans

2. Had ATT was satisfied with coverage, not the plan but long time ago.

3. Anything but Sprint. They F$%@#g LIED about 'dropped calls' - they're the WORST! and from other users they aint gotten any better.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hello Heather, good to hear from you, how's the kid?

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I've had verizon and att for BB service for work. I was definitely satisfied with Verizon since it's the only carrier that provides service for Metro and the call quality was no problem for me. I'm kinda looking at pay as you go plans and T-mobile. I really don't make many phone calls and when I do, it's probably for only a couple of minutes. I mostly used my BB for setting up appointments and email. I would really like to get Phone Device that allows me to do this and surf the web. I looked at the Iphone and the device and service plans were a bit higher than I would like to pay.

Lucas is doing well...he sleeps a bit longer at nights, but now doesn't nap well during the day...sigh. He's a big boy...he just turned 2 months and is 25 inches long and 14 lbs. I really hope this pace he's growing at slows down soon, he's getting to be "a pain" to carry around, but he's my cutie pie. :)

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

OT: nooz u cn uz purty soon:

Forgo panties, raise bottom line

Wish I'd thought of that one..

8)

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Brokedown and bought the new iPhone, which i'm using right now.
    The only problem I have with it so far is typing with the touch screen keyboard, it's pretty fustrating because it often selects the letters next to the one I want to use. Time will tell if I will get use to it. But love the rest of the features.