Cell phone stolen?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Bradical, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Bradical

Bradical Member

Hope everyone had a great Holiday.

I was wondering if anyone had ever had their cell phone stolen, and if so what retreival methods they used. Mine was stolen yesterday. Currently I have suspended the service, looked up the records and the guy who stole it called a few numbers. I haven't filed a police report yet, and I am considering calling some of these people for more information, but I wanted to see if others' experiences could be helpful as well. Thanks

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Was it taken from someone you might know?

Call the numbers and pretend to be the phone company or something to get some basic info. Then go to their house and hold them at gunpoint... Hook them up to a couple of car batteries and give them a little 'encouragement' to make em fess up.

Its what Jack Bauer would do.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wow; is it supporting Spurs or coaching HS kids that make you so mean? :lol:

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am not sure - Remember I support Fulham too!

Seriously - there is probably nothing you can do. If your phone has a GPS you could have tracked it, calling the numbers may give you some info, but even with the info - Unless you know an officer that is interested in doing you a solid, they wont follow up on it.

Even if they do - the phone has probably been dumped, and a prosecutor will never take it to trial and the person will just get a slap on the wrist and a feeling of encouragement to go ahead and do it again because in the current state of affairs it is only the regular citizen who has anything to lose.

Kicking the crap out of the guy may make you feel better, but it will only hurt you in the end because vigilante justice is apparently worse than robbery. Poor little thief got beat up by the big bad VICTIM of a robbery.

I am changing gears here, but I am on the soapbox now...

We dont seem to give a crap about the person who is being robbed - only the person doing the robbing that gets shot while entering the house.

So you better make sure they are dead so they cant come back and sue you. Not to get all NRA crazy on you, but it is the truth.

We have a kid here who has committed a dozen+ home robberies in the last couple of months, and when my buddy (Local Cop) finally caught them (Red Handed), then went and served a warrant at both he and his girlfriend's house, recovering items linking him to all the other robberies - the kid was sent to Spokane because he was a juvenile (17), and he was released 2 hours later 'under his own surveillance.' He then promptly started robbing again - while also stealing a car and ramming it into buildings and cars here in town.

Just as another fun fact - my buddy had to spend a full night trying to convince neighboring agencies to draw up the warrant for the girlfriends house. Too much paperwork they said.

I dont want to shoot anyone. It wouldnt be good for me, and it wont be good for the person getting shot, but if someone comes in my house - I am going to shoot them.

The terrible thing is that I am the only one that has anything to lose in that situation.

From a legal and personal standpoint I am probably better off to invite them in - give em a hot cup of Coco, help them load up whatever they want - and then send them on their merry way.

But - such a thing is contrary to the ideals this country was founded upon, so - instead - I am going to shoot them.

I just hope the NRA has more money and powerful lawyers than the ambulance chasing personal injury scum that is going to bankrupt my family and cost me my job.

Hey Hatter - I spent a couple of years in Houston. Texas is one state where the property owner still has rights.