CC - pay attention!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DrKnow, Aug 14, 2005.

1. DrKnow

DrKnow New Member

I am hereby amplifying my previously muted call for CC to start Goma and Bocanegra paired in the defense.

While I could only listen, yesterday, it's apparent from both the commentary and Offal MB comments that Knight is still undisciplined and no one else but Goma can direct the defensive form.

And that's NOT just the 'Yank' in me saying that; does anyone else contend that Bruce Arena is an idiot? I dont think he is.

Second best: Goma and Knight

2. Bee

Bee New Member

Goma and Boca were unavailable yesterday, but I agree. Zat was terrible.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Yes, I do think he is an idiot. I will not get into my reasons completely, but the fact that he has a preference to MLS players is a joke, the fact that he can't and will not incorporate the young, up and coming players with the older, over-the-hill players is ridiculous and the fact that Bruce just thinks he is a tough guy. I would love to just kick him in the shin sometime!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: CC - pay attention!

In fact, I disagree with you on your basic suppositions, there.. but never mind.

5. DrKnow

DrKnow New Member

I suppose i must reply the same as i did on the Offal..

Note that nowhere in there did I imply or posit that either player was available on the day.

I am speaking objectively, for future trial and consideration.
    - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -
    If I were making up the team and all the players were available:

healthy GK (none of whom can be expected to direct the Defense as Ed did)

Volz, Goma, Boca, N Jensen

Papa, Steed, C Jensen, Boa

Radz (CJ), McBride (HH)

And i must say that i fully expect Zat to grow into the responsibilites with a few more years' experience. He DID make some nice moves while playing with Sven's team.

6. Bee

Bee New Member

I agree with your team but I'd put Steed out far right and hold Papa back in a DMF position. Other than that, its exactly what I'd want from the squad.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Steeeed absolutely hates it on the outside. This was one thing last year that him and cookie openly fought about.

The midfield should be:

-----------------Papa-------------
    Jensen------Steeeeed-------Boa

As a side note, I really hope Helguson gets some considerable playing time. I think he is going to be a great player.

8. james2

james2 New Member

RE: Re: CC - pay attention!

yep- goma and boca at the back. i think Papa should be given a Gerrard-style free role, charging up and down the pitch, with Steed getting forward to support the attack and Claus and Boa bombing up the wings.

James for Manager, damn you!