CC Backs Q for French Squad, If...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Oct 20, 2006.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

From soccernet.com

Fulham manager Chris Coleman has backed Franck Queudrue to stake a claim for a place in the French national side - but only if he can banish the inconsistency from his game that saw him turn in a Jekyll and Hyde performance during the Cottagers' 2-1 win over Charlton on Monday.

Left-back Queudrue had a nightmare first 45 minutes against the Addicks, but was widely praised for his second half performance.

When asked about Queudrue's chances of making the French squad Coleman joked: 'He won't bloody well do that after those 45 minutes on Monday night!

'(But) he's had a good season.

'Lizarazu completely dominated left back for 10 years, but now Franck has got a chance.'

The talented 28-year-old has expressed his desire to one day represent Les Bleus.

Queudrue said this week: 'Yes, of course, I hold out hope for a (France) call-up, but I stand by the fact that the only way you can be selected is if you are performing for your club.

'I was trusted to produce the goods when I came here and it is my responsibility to do just that.

'I will always do my best and show passion for the game - and after that it becomes a matter of what the club can achieve.'

Queudrue has represented the French B side before, but is yet to achieve a call-up to the full squad.

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Isn't he also eligible to play for England, too? I read somewhere that McClaren was interested in bringing him into his set-up if he decided to gain English citizenship.