Carlisle / Chelsea link?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by omsdogg, Sep 19, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 03,00.html

I wonder if the Scum would go through with this seeing as how their loanee hasn't barely played. Should this go through, add Carlisle to my list of garbage teams. Either way, good to see Carlisle still tinkering in the lower divisions while we are still basking in the Premier League.

"Who put the ball in the Carlisle net?"

2. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Is/Was Carlisle some sort of rivalry for fulham? Are they close?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Carlilse is in the WAAAAAAAAAAAAY far north of England. The goal that doggie is referring to is the last 10 minutes goal that kept Fulham from being relegated OUT OF THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE!

Don't think Carlilse is rivals with anyone

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi Don,

I think you have got 2 Carlisle storys confused.

Jimmy Glass, a goalkeeper who was on loan from Swindon, scored a last minute goal to keep Carlisle in the football league. We have no songs and no link with Glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mhNRyt628

Rodney McAree, the answer to "Who put the ball in the Carlisle net?" scored the goal to asure Fulham's promotion from the 3rd division (the 4th tier of English football) under Micky Adams and started the whole pheonix like process to the EPL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzwDQMy_VAw

You were right about having no rivalry with them, they're practically Scottish.

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Looks like Chelski want a feeder club. I would have thought that the filth would look for someting closer.

I suppose with sending their kids to 'the north' they cannot get shot in London nightclubs after getting tanked up and behaving like arses.

6. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

thanks for the lesson.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

there is a great article about that team that won promotion from the 3rd Division in the FulTime magazine that Don is currently reading. He'll be sending that to someone else when he's done so you ought to get on the list dt.