Campaign Rhetoric gets just silly.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 8, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

"Hillary the monster" ..'like Ken Starr'... NAFTA-Gate

Tee hee. I guess now we can get some understanding why Limbaugh wanted this campaign to stretch out.

Susan Estrich

Well, now NBC Today tried to make something out of Powers' statement that Obama certainly wouldnt just withdraw from Iraq willy-nilly without getting input from people he doesnt have access to NOW. IOW - Yes we Are going to stay in Iraq.

Which again proves Limbaugh correct. He said a month ago that Iraq is not an issue for conservatives in this election, now that the surge has finally succeeded in correcting the previous mistakes... none of the candidates would intentionally screw it up.

But that isnt going to sit well with the moonbat contingent. We'll see more blog commenting that the 'Dem has sold out'. and advocacy for 'the masses rising up'. Pandering to moonbats has already extracted a price; Huffington Post had to turn off comments, both on the recruiting station bombing and the Israeli Seminary attack.

The 20% CodePink coalition, that thinks they represent 70%, isnt going to like Obama at all when it's all said and done.

Neither are things in other foreign policy arenas going to change much. I cant see how Obama will treat Israel/Palestine any different than Bush does now, or how McCain would push a harder line on behalf of Israel. The US, despite what SOME believe, is pretty much a captive of events, not the other way around.
    Added: That is NOT to say there's no worries as far as US response to OTHER attacks or hot-spot outbreaks. That's the basis of my concern over his foreign policy crew like Powers, Susan Rice and ZB.
    Which highlights my concerns about Security.. I think Dubya NEEDS to publically call Clinton and Obama in for consultation and hold their feet to the fire on getting the FISA update through the House.

No.. this campaign will pretty much settle into domestic issues. Like NAFTA, some of them so hard-wired that not much change is possible let alone re-negotiable.

Just a matter of how much tax money is thrown away on what group's special interests.