Brutus!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFCinPCB, Jan 8, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Hello?? Anyone remember that there is a National Championship being played this night?

I'm going with the Buckeyes. Even though somewhat of an SEC fan, I think I've matured past the conference comparisons. Ohio State's defense is about to teach Spurrier Lite what smashmouth football at 200mph is all about. The gay-turds will get there licks in, but ultimately, I think Ohio State has too much talent all over the field, including on the sideline.

Final: OSU 32 - 17 UF

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The secret will be to smash their mouths early, then as they try to recover... wear them out by running hockey-type squad shifts.

I think some of OSU's third string have more playing time than Fla's second.

It'll be close in the First Half, maybe even Fla ahead... but as the game 'wears on'.....

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'll go with OSU 24-14 although I can't stand either team or conference. Florida needs to pull out all the stops ala Boise State in order to have a chance. Florida's talent is pretty equal to OSU, but its younger and I'll go with juniors and seniors everytime. Florida has a huge Achilles Heel (pun intended) with a kicker that was absolutely horrendous this year (something like 4 of 15), could come back to haunt if last second FG is needed.

4. pettyfog

BCS champ'p

... with my 80-something Pop!

Go BUCKS!

Though I have my typical bad feeling about this...

5. krhimself

krhimself New Member

RE: Signing off to watch the game

Geez, the Gators are laying one right down on the Buckeyes, aren't they? How many people would have expected that?

And how about the Gators' kicker making two 40+ yard field goals? I certainly couldn't see that one coming, either.

6. pettyfog

Is it just ME? Or is this broadcasting team SUCKY?

Yeah, but I'm trying to discount it for disappointment.

They were good enough for the Boise State game... but ..

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What an incredible joke. National Championship game; yeah right.

So, it appears that once again the Big 10 was overrated -- what's this 55 years straight? -- and that the REAL two best teams in the country did NOT meet. USC and Florida were obviously surperior to the season-long 1 & 2 but, since there's no real championship to be won, they never got a chance.

Final ranking should be:
    1. Florida
    2. USC
    3. Boise State
    4. LSU
    5. Ohio State
    6. Michigan

8. pettyfog

I see your thinking... and it's not all bad. But I have to point out that you can only employ the trick bag once.. MAYBE twice. So I dont think Boise State would have gone that far.

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Can I have my prediction back?? Nice bowl season for the Big 10, at least the Pac 10 went 3-3. Really surprised OSU's O-line got dominated Smith was running for his life. The Buckeyes were taken behind the woodshed as Keith Jackson might say.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and yet BSU managed to win what 12 games this season? And none of them were against Indiana, Northwestern, or Illinois!

The point with BSU wasn't their trickery. The point was that their coach took a shot at winning instead of playing for the tie and more overtime. He's almost alone in doing this [overtime was put in so that coaches wouldn't have to take that risk and coud instead blame their players execution], and that's why they did so well in the game and over the last few years.

11. pettyfog

Geez, Don...i'm not taking anything AWAY from them. I loved it and it was by far the best, most entertaining, game in the Bowls.

What I'm saying is that they wouldnt have made it through the playoffs with more than one win.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Given that the Big East was 5-0 this bowl season, I think it's pretty clear who the REAL best conference is. :D