Brainwashing your Children - Evidence

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jensers, May 5, 2008.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

My daughter (Almost 4 yrs old) knows a half a dozen players names on both Spurs and Fulham by sight, and my son (16 mo) walks around the house kicking a ball and stands on the sidelines at the highschool games and yells at the players just like Dad.

My wife thinks I am brainwashing them!

Here is some evidence:
    [​IMG]

Lets see what you are doing to brainwash your kids!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Cute picture.

I brainwashed them to be Fulham fans and USMNT fans. We kind of brain washed them to be soccer players - we told them they had to play a sport and they picked soccer and baseball. I make it a rule not to brainwash them with my politics because I cant stand hearing kids walk around regurgitating the politics of their parents. Other than Fulham and the USA, I think all of our other influences fall under the realm of parenting. Wow, maybe I should abuse my power more.

3. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Wow that reminds me of my old coaches son. He did exactly the same things, I just hope he sticks with the sport cause he's gonna be a stud if he does.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

My 20 month old son is learning about soccer. Every time I turn on a game, he starts yelling at the screen. He hardly ever yells otherwise, but literally, they may have the graphic on the screen with the starting lineups and he'll go DAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! My wife just rolls her eyes.

He saw his Daddy leap around like a lunatic a few times after Fulham scored this year and has gotten scared initially, but I think he's starting to think it's funny now. He can't quite say "Fulham" yet, it comes out like "Wu-wu".

I expect Child Protective Services are probably going to arrive any day now.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you're all good lads [and lasses, Mo] for opening young eyes to our game. Keep it going!

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

While I've tried to indoctrinate my six year old sister into Fulhamhood but she doesn't buy into it. She used to be more supportive and would at least pretend to hope for my sake that Fulham might win. But more recently she's taken to probing me as to why I would bother cheering for a team which loses all the time. (while....) Add to that she likes playing baseball best, for contrast sake I think. Child has a mind of her own.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Great pic Jens. My 13 year old daughter loves the game (been playing since she was 5), but she doesn't like to watch on TV. The only sport she does like watching is baseball. The brainwashing thing works because we've been taking her to Angel games for over a decade and she's a die-hard Halos fan (and Dodger hater 8) )

9. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Watching baseball on TV? Holy Smokes - Wake me when its over!

We went to the Mariners v Oakland game the other day and we had a friend and his wife there and she grew up watching the A's with her dad. She was CRAZY!

Keep it coming!