BP unleashed Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jul 16, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Forget '2012'
    We're all doomed anyway and it's BP's fault!

The bottom line:
    What's interesting there is this is a sort of blog and there's no referential links to published data.

Not much more here, either. Except some humor
    Lending credence to this is the fact that Geothermal well {Green Energy, ya know} drilling in California and several other places has been halted due to coincident small seismic events.

Of course I'm not a rocket scientist .. or Keith Olberrman, either, FTM... but it seems to me you cant trigger a mantle fracture if there wasnt going to be one anyway, the first big one that came along... like, say, the southern expanse of the New Madrid fault.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Is this yet another appeal for all of us to apologize to BP? US Representative Barton (R-Tex) has already spoken for my state, so I'll let it pass.

3. pettyfog

WHAT?!!!

WTF are you talking about? JEZZZ.... even when I post something TOTALLY non-politcal, you make it that way> You never fail to anti-republican things.

You can look up in this forum what I think of BP's responsibilities... and I demurred on posting when everything turned 180 as to who was performing and who wasnt.

Since you started it, the issue certainly seems to point out the cozy relationships between regulators and operators doesnt it.... of course there are now going to be more of same.. more relationships to be be built and exploited.

Of course if those regulators are going to be appointed, better have them appointed by Democrats.. who only want to watch out for the people, right Don?

HEll... why not just nationalize all the oil operations... that would totally do away with this cozy corruption., wouldnt it Don?

If you would answer that with a straight response, I'd appreciate it.

And would you also please justify billing BP for all the other oil drillers and platform workers who are now out of work?

If you dont, dont bother responding.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

5. pettyfog

Of COURSE, I might have that totally wrong and what you meant was that you agreed that the '$20 Billion' WAS a shakedown.. if so I heartily apologize.

Because BP DOES owe damages and severe damages because of their operational malfeasance. But they do NOT owe wages lost by other oil workers because of the actions of the government.

You see, I believe that the ultimate regulation is done by the people who actually have stock in the corporations. As opposed to the same people regulating AND responsible for their operations, and having a political buffer in between them and the public.

6. schindler

schindler New Member

For what it's worth - this has already been debunked.

7. pettyfog

I know you're new here.. but we aint arguing the science. Like I said in the OP, common sense says the idea is pure product of nitwits, even if there was something to it.

Sorta like AGW, no one seriously argues climate isnt changing. It's the how and why and what to do about it.

I suggest.. quick, tax something.

Yeah.. that's the ticket. Tack on a $500 million 'Methane Apocalypse Bond' charge for a drilling permit.