Boxing Day away to Norwich

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 23, 2013.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Two all important away matches this week, and it's very critical the team gets at least 2 points from them. The club is in extreme danger of being cut adrift from that bottom pack, so while there have been many positives to take out of the way the team is playing, this is the time to get a result. Norwich has an okay record at Carrow Road (3 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses), but it's hardly a fortress. The injuries to the backline are mounting, and they weren't exactly playing well when healthy :roll: Not sure what Berba's status is, but Boxing Day will get a full continent of away support, so I'm going with the heart and say a 1-2 result and the positive vibe continues.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think we get something there ... perhaps even three points.

I like Norwich, by the way, although nowhere near ANY British coastline in December is a joy to visit. East Anglia is a great place to go ifyou're booking a trip in the fall. Sigh, the memories flood. I must go and wipe a tear.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh, since there'll be 8 matches going on at the same time on Boxing Day, and since none of the NBC affiliates other than NBCSN is carrying any of the matches, there'll be a couple of matches NOT on television at all -- one of those being Norwich v. Fulham. Guess I'll record the Sunderland v. Everton match and listen to GJ live.

Sigh.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

actually, I'll try to catch part of the second half via radio and chat. I'm doing volunteer work in the early morning of Thursday and it didn't occur to me until just now that we're playing during that time.

I hope there'll be some folkies in the room and there'll be good vibes when I get there.

5. SoCalJoe

Berba still out, Stek must be hurt also, not even on Sky Sports subs list

Stockdale, Reither, Hughes, Lovebite, Richardon, Parker, Sidewell, Duff, Kasami, Kaca, Taarbat

6. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Three points! May they be the first three of twelve to come.

7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

:banana-dance:

8. SoCalJoe

I'll see your :banana-dance: Lax and raise you one more :banana-skier:

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nothing to see here; move along :oops: :oops: :oops:

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

3 points on the road is welcomed anytime!!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

as many away wins as we had 3 seasons ago when we finished 8th!

12. Ianhux5

Ianhux5 New Member

If we can keep going with these away wins at lower table sides and turn some of the results at home in our favor, this season will start to look far more comfortable. I'm really liking the fight we've shown under Meulensteen. It's that kind of attitude you need in a relegation battle.

13. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Didn't catch any of the match, but the result is a sight for sore eyes. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Too bad Sunderland and Palace pulled off victories as well.

14. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

As a former boss of mine used to say, VERY big, VERY huge. Now if we can just hold serve at home.... A very encouraging result, to be sure. These 3 away points could be very big in May.

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

A travel day for me and didn't see any results until this evening. Great win. No, a fantastic victory at this point. Now, let's hope the club shakes the injury bug and starts rolling like a Robbie Zimmerman stone.

16. tim

tim Active Member

Heard GJ's call of the second half; there's nothing quite like his reaction to a big goal, and his reaction to Parker's was excellent. As others have said, there's been marked improvement since Rene took over and it's great to see it started to pay off in the table. If we keep this up, with some reinforcements arriving in January, knock on wood, we'll be ok.

17. SoCalJoe

18. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I was working during the first half but was able to catch the second half on the iPad. The boys looked good and there seems to be a fight in them. Which, as has been mentioned before is a good thing in a relagation battle. Hopefully we can gain some points quickly and get above the scrap. Above us the table is tight which can work to our advantage if we keep that fight. We are currently only 5 points back from 10th place. Couple wins and other results go our way we could get above it.