Bolton v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 4, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Somebody referred to this match as "us against the most boring team in the world." Well, we're pretty boring on the road against mediocre and poor opponents, so this should be a solid matchup. It'll also be a good measure of Okaka's readiness to play against a bunch of knuckle-dragging thugs.

The only player who really stunk up the joint yesterday was Kelly, so I'm looking for:

--------------- Schwarzer --------------------------

Stoor ---- Hughes ---- Hangeland ---- Shorey

Duff ---- Murphy ---- Dikgachoi ---- Greening

----- The Incredible Bobby Z ---- Okaka

Bench: Zubertoober, Smalling, Etuhu, Baird, Nevland, Riise, and Elm

Like the home version of the game, this one has 1-1 written all over it, so I'm predicting 2-2.

Gee! I hope it's on television. It's got to be the most coveted game of the week, right? :D

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I miss hating on Megson. With the short turnaround to this match, I'll be curious to see what Roy does with the lineup. Does the captain play more than sixty minutes or so? It should be a grind it out game, not for the faint of heart. I'd take a nil-nil w/no injuries draw and be okay with it.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I think Setanta is airing the match on delay at like 830pm or something awful like that (Xtra is no more), so chat zone and feeds it will be.

It should be an interesting match because we actually won there last year but Bolton are still in that ‘new-manager-shine’ and are thus a bit unpredictable.

We'll probably see the exact same lineup with saw yesterday because you know Roy LOVES to mix things up.

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I doubt if Kelly gets the start after his performance. So the question is, does he try out Stoor, with his "move Baird to RB and sub in Dikgachoi" move in his back-pocket or does he just start in that formation?

5. jmh

jmh New Member

6. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Kelly is devoid of all confidence right now.

Stoor should be given a chance.

If that fails, Baird to right back is a nice backup option, as he did show he can get up the right flank and put in a decent cross.

Anybody know the extent of Nevland's toe injury?

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The current Livesoccer listing has it on Setanta at 8:30 and midnight

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I loathe Bolton. In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz: "Ha, ha!"

COYW

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Megson or not, this is a team I would not miss if they were relegated. God are they a bunch of hacks.

We took three last year here, with Johnson scoring the goal of the season (that little toe poke off a back pass, I can't find a video).

Maybe Woy gives Kelly a start, so as not to totally ruin his confidence, but hoo boy, some things have to change there. I say Zamora and Okaka up front, Shorey at LB, and hope for a miracle of creative play on the level of what Dempsey can do. Wow, do we miss him.

No prediction, but we can get a good result. Meaning a win.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

My line-up

-----------------schwarzer---------------------

Baird------Hughes------Hangeland----Shorey

Riise------Greening-------Murphy-------Duff

-----------Zamora------------'Kaka-----------

Bench: Zuber, Stoor, Elm, Nevland, Chicago

The thugs will be all over 'kaka and Duff will make them pay, so will Hangeland Bolton 0 - 2 Fulham

11. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I typically loathe Bolton and their brand of football, but I'm hoping Coyle will change that. If they play more of Coyle's style, 1-1. I'm hoping this is the case, as they weren't as enforcing against Arsenal last week. Of courses, we're not Arsenal, so I don't know how much stock we can put in that.

If they revert to thug ball, 1-2 Bolton. At this point in the season, I just hope we can escape without further injury in this sort of match. I like Okaka for the Fulham goal. Probably on a layoff from BZ.

Have there been any Stuart Holden sightings at the Reebok yet?

12. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

You spelt Incredible wrong Don it's TWAT!

13. SoCalJoe

Took me a few seconds to figure it out, but laughed out loud when I did.

Martin, I know the guy could score 9 more goals this season (to give him 20 on the season) and it wouldn't change your opinion, but even you have to admit he was on a roll before he got hurt. Plus to his credit, he's shown the rest of the team cojones and heart (not traits of a tw@t) by coming back early and playing at nowhere near 100%.

14. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

From what I read, he has just begun "light training" again so I dont think we'll see him. I also read that Coyle has said he is looking to the two young players he signed from Arsenal and ManCity to get them clear of relegation. Kinda sounds like Stuart is a back up plan. I'm countin' on Calvin to prove him wrong.

15. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

No Zamora, not even on the bench? Elm and Nevland start. The Fulham lineup:

Fulham
    01 Schwarzer
    05 Hangeland
    06 Baird
    07 Shorey
    18 Hughes
    13 Murphy
    16 Duff
    27 Greening
    34 Dikgacoi
    10 Nevland
    35 Elm
    Substitutes
    19 Zuberbuhler, 02 Kelly, 22 Stoor, 26 Smalling, 17 Riise, 20 Etuhu, 09 Okaka Chuka

16. Martin-in-Nashville

BEST News Ive heard in ages!!!

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Yeah, it sure is a good thing we don't have our leading scorer available. And we sure did hammer Bolton without him. :roll:

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

hey... just from watching the last 20, we got away clean.
    Take THAT point for a dollar, you betcha!

19. SoCalJoe

Fog, I'll second that motion! The final whistle could of come fast enough the last 5 minutes + stoppage. Picking up a point away and staying in 10th, not too shabby.

Small but mighty group in the chat today (if only a certain gentleman from Texas and lady from Ohio were there :wink: ).

Could only get the link for the last twenty. Thought Shorey had scored on the deflection only to hit top netting. Elmander scores that 9 out of 10 times, and Bolton unlucky to get a foul called on Davies on the goalbound header.

Big negative was Chicago getting hurt (imagine that, the Whites picking up another injury :roll: ).

20. Martin-in-Nashville

A point gained without Zamora is one more point we would have got had he played.