Bocanegra to be honored

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jmh, Oct 4, 2007.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not sure how the Daily Mail would know, but it would be deserving.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Their son is working for the Daily Mail.
    It's a steady job, but he wants to be a paperback writer.

4. general125

general125 New Member

Thanks for getting that song in my head :)

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm surprised Boca got it. It's only for play with the MNT right?

6. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Raelly?? That's sort of strange. He's a good footballer, but player of the year.

7. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and it's understandable as well. Without his leadership, Galaxy wouldn't have made it to last frigging place.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Look, don... let's not be disingenuous here.

Placing the blame on Donovan or even Frank Yallop seems a little odd, considering your reluctance to let go of Cookie.

I can tell you from experience that when things start to go wrong, they go wrong and it only takes a hint of discord or uncertainty to lose the plot.

When Tom Fitzgerald was with the Crew, we did pretty damn well until there was a little discord and misfortune ... then the whole team got the doubts and the wheels came off. HE got fired, went to UCLA and won the NCAA the next year. When you lose the team, you lose the team and nothing can be done but sever the relationship.

If I only knew how much Lalas was involved in selecting the squad, I'd be MORE certain of my position but it's no doubt that one or two good breaks and a couple better players, and Beckham being fit for most of the season, LA will go from worst to first.

Dammit!

10. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

Don't mean to threadjack but LA's quietly reeled off a 3 game winning streak (10 points in their last 4 - all without Beckham...maybe they're better without the spotlight). With 4 games left and 6 points back of the last playoff spot held by Chicago, they could conceivably make the playoffs...if they can beat Houston on Sunday night.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm sorry.. but I have to contribute to the threadjack and MAY move the whole thing.

While the Crew fell on their face last night and only has the slightest chance of getting in the playoffs.. since Chicago won and their lead is 5 points.. the LAST thing I want is for the Galaxy to get in!

I would rather Chicago ran the table in their last games if it meant keeping LA out.

Does thta seem perverse.. does it seem counter to what I said above? It really isnt, even if I cant yet explain it.