Boa Morte to Newcastle, Are you friggin kidding me?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nowayjeff, Jul 16, 2005.

1. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

Fulham's Luis Boa Morte has admitted he would be keen on a move to Newcastle.
    The striker is a target of Magpies boss Graeme Souness and he told Portuguese newspaper O Independente he was keen to taste European action.

"Representing Newcastle is different from being at Fulham. It's a bigger club with more projection and which has other ambitions," said the 27-year-old.

"Who doesn't aim to play at a great club, which takes part regularly in European competitions?"

Souness tried to capture the 27-year-old in January but Boa Morte responded by extending his Fulham contract until 2008.

The Scot is understood to want to bring the Portuguese frontman to St James's Park as his third summer signing.

Souness has already boosted his squad by bringing in midfielders Scott Parker from Chelsea and Emre from Inter Milan.

And this comes a week after I have ordered my new Fulham kit with BOA MORTE on the Back...I suppose it's not to late to change the order...This news is brought to you by the BBC Sports..

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Cookie on the issue: Bring MUCH money if you want him!

Or shut up. IOW, no snake for a measley 3M

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What is strange about this report is that this is the exact same thing he said last January. It makes me wonder if this was from that same old interview and not fresh. As I have said, I have a feeling deep down he is not going anywhere.

4. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

What is it with the current crop of players?
    We have such a varied and excellent squad, most of which are, or will be, the target of other teams, but that's not much different in most of the Prem Clubs. It just seems that we go from crisis to crisis with our 'better' players.
    Saha seemed settled, just for ManUre to snap him away with a pre-swoop media campaign that unsettled Saha to the point his form dropped and he finally went.
    Now we have Cole and the Snake in the firing line.
    After Januarys media-talk of the Snake leaving, we all thougth it was settled, now it's in the news again.

It does need Chris to step up and make some announcement on the Official site, verify or deny these reports immediately, don't leave the faithful in the hands of the media - we deserve more.

As said, maybe the Snakes comments are a throwback (or throwup) from his January comments, and it's just the bored BBC hacks scratching for some sort of news item to update their pages with, but maybe not.
    We all knew that Cole was possibly on the move, but again, when I read it on the BBC before I hear anything solid from the club, I am left with the feeling the club are happy to let the story drift out 'unofficially' first and then confirm the story, if the deal goes through, or totally deny it as fabrications on the part of hacks if it doesn't.
    Maybe the league should take a firmer hand and put out a message board stating what clubs are in negotiation with players/clubs for transfers. It wouldn't be that hard as, we all know from recent press and justice metered out, the club MUST make an official approach to the players club BEFORE approaching him.
    I understand that the players' agents do get involved with the press to 'move the situation along' with leaks to the press, but for the Snake to specify a club seems to be a case of 'no smoke without fire'.
    I know Cole is supposed to be gone by today (Sunday), but maybe the Snake could just hang on for another two weeks, so this old guy can again see him play in the colors I have loved for so long when he visits these shores.

Best wishes to all, see you all in two weeks when I can, again, be among peeps that 'speak my language' (No offence to those that speak in a slightly different accent to my home town).

5. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

Well put Tony, It is hard for me to lose my favorite players as well. Pesch, the Horse, King Louis, Bazza Hayles, Sean Davis, and now Boa, It's hard to have quality, when quality gets bought out from under you by larger clubs. In this day an age of academys bringing up good players, it seems a bit of a waste when they go to greener pastures. Zat Knight is one of those academy players that has been a pleasure to watch and hopefully he will stick around for awhile. So I guess until they can fix it, we just have to live with it....A little side note. I thought I read elsewhere that Boa had re signed with the club until 2007. So I don't know what to think about all of this.