Bhutto Assassination

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Dec 28, 2007.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I would love to hear thoughts of who everyone thinks was involved. Its a sad day when any politician gets murdered for political reasons.

I'm not quite clear on the story yet... how did she die? Gunshot wounds to the neck and chest? Explosion? Shrapnel from explosion? I've even heard she had head trauma from a car accident.

There will be no investigation as the "firemen" used hoses to clean the scene less than an hour after the incident, no autopsy... and the body is buried within 24 hours according to islamic law.

Thoughts?

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

How NBC news reported she died was that she was in her armored SUV and poked her head out of the sunroof to acknowledge the crowds, and someone stepped behind her SUV and shot her two times, in the back of the head and neck, then he touched his detonator and killed everyone in the kill radius.

It is sad that a voice of moderation was silenced by an idiot. I can't say it was unexpected, and I am sure Bhutto herself would have admitted to that.

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

She did actually she blamed Musharaff for her death if it happens.

That explanation includes all the explanations : )

When was this reported in it entirety?

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, Confusion abounds... which benefits exactly the guys in the wildlands who want chaos.

I heard someone bring up a good point last night: A suicide bomber snaps off two rounds the blows himself up?!!!! Steely nerved guy to be so accurate.

Now, according to AFP, she actually died from bashing her head on the sunroof latch as she ducked on hearing the shots.

That makes more sense.

For those who think Musharrif had her done, I just ask you to THINK!!!

About and related:

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

My only issue with this explanation was the eyewitnesses who said she was shot in the neck. Other than that I simply take anything from that Admin with a grain of salt.

This makes me think either he wasnt the bomber... no?

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the big joke is Musharraf saying it was Al Qaida AND the Taliban who assassinated her. If that's true, then both these terrorist groups mush be in league with him, since she was a real threat to his hegemony. Is anyone pointing this logic out?

No, Rudy and the RNC are pointing out that the Al Qaida connection proves that we need a Republican president, while Hillary is pointing out that Obama's lack of experience might also result in all of us being murdered in our beds by homosexual Muslim environmental extremist feminist college professors.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I would say that Al Queda is most likely responsible. Seeing as they've been after her for a while and would prefer Musharaff to stay in power as they are basically coexistent. That said the military, Musharaff, or all three could conceivably be involved.

So many players involved in Pakistan though and I have next to little knowledge of them.

8. pettyfog

First.. let's PLEASE dispel the notion she was a 'saint'. Her previous admins were full of corruption scandal, and her husband a key figure in them.
    How much she knew about that, how much she guessed and turned a blind eye to.. we wont know.

Second... there's no doubt that the Pakistan military and security forces has radical elements in them. That someone or some unit was acting on behalf of radicals cant be dismissed nor can that be automatically tied to Musharrif.

I wont dismiss 'eyewitness' statements automatically. But I wont accept them as 'proof' automatically either. The Interior Minister's statement that there were no bullet wounds wouldnt make sense, though, if there actually were. I wont dismiss 'other snipers' either. But how does that tie to the government? Is it so out of the realm of sense that everyone who knew Bhutto knew she would expose herself in a motorcade?

As a 'strongman' autocrat, Musharrif is actually pretty weak. He's got a lot of enemies and he has had to tread pretty lightly to avoid an outright coup.

9. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Its become pretty obvious that she was shot....

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Video_The ... _1230.html

scroll down to view the news report from the UK.

you can't see much but you can see enough to know that she had to have been hit by at least one bullet... the gunman was so close it would ALMOST be impossible to miss...

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

'fog, the "how can this be tied to Musharraf" is answered by "who benefits the most from her murder?" There isn't anyone in her camp that has any of the personal power or magnatism or appeal that she has. Her faction is pretty much incapable of challenging Musharraf/Army hegemony.

Oh, and nobody on this site called her a saint. And as for the press, it's natural for the target of an assassination attempt -- successful or not -- to be overly praised.

Once again, while it may not be comforting to reflect on the fact there are are so very few countries in the world where political power is turned over routinely and cooperatively, it is most comforting to acknowledge that for all the bleating about how divisive our politics is, we are one of those "very few."

11. pettyfog

Heh... two points:

Pak government seems to be as full of idiots as ours. I mean the Interior Minister who expected the sunroof handle story to pass muster.

And like I said, would have been extraordinary for the shooter and bomber to be one and the same... wasnt, they werent.

12. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Rudy 9-1-1 sticks to theme

For the Republicans, this passes for reasoned arguments and thoughtful analyses. Anyone surprised at politics of fear after the last 7 years?

14. pettyfog

Don... if I write down that script and post it here, will you point out the wrong or misleading statement?

Will you swear to swear at the next dem ad using the same tactic?

You are SO transparent.