Benny Feilhaber to Derby County

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Kickflip89, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Germans are reporting that a 3 year deal and contract has already been worked out and they are just trying to find the right transfer fee with HSV, somewhere around 1.5 M Euros.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Good for Benny, don't know anything about Derby's midfield situation but he'll certainly get some PT.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Good indeed. Benny's a tough little SOB and he should be able to hack the pace. It'll do our national team no end of good if he can contribute to Derby.

4. USSOCCER10

USSOCCER10 New Member

Source?

5. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2007/08/07/779462.html

I can't read a whole bunch of german, but enough to see Benny saying something along the lines of, "things are looking good, but since it isn't finalized yet I'm gonna bust my butt in training to be ready for the BL season in case it doesn't get worked out."

6. jmh

jmh New Member

That's too bad, I was hoping to be able to root for him in the Bundesliga.

7. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

From the Hamburg FC website (www.hsv.de)

The English midland clubs Derby County and West Bromwich Albion, continue to express a keen interest in the services of HSV's USA international midfielder Benny Feilhaber: "Things are coming to a head", admits the club sport Director Dietmar Beiersdorfer. Looks like Benny could be playing his football in the Premiere League soon.

(While I do speak pretty good German, they have an "English" button)

8. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Any place where Feilhaber can get consistent minutes would be an upgrade over the HSV II squad. We know he has the talent, he just needs the playing time to further his own career and his own development as a player. Hopefully the deals are successfully completed and don't fall through late.

9. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

10. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

If he's eligible to play for the Austrian national team, should that not make it much easier to get a permit or a passport?

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Austrian? I thought he was born in Brazil!

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

He was born in Brazil but I believe his parents were from Austria and he had an offer to play with the Austrian national team last year.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Glad he opted to play for the yanks instead of the Austrians. He is the future in the middle of the park for the US.

Glad to hear he may be in with Derby although his time in the prem might not be long lived. I picked Derby to go down at the end of the season and IMO, Feilhaber has too much quality to be knocking it about in the CCC.

14. iriedog

iriedog New Member

This is going to be perfect. He's going to start and get to play in the toughest league in the World (IMO). He'll be one of their better players so he will get keyed on. This is going to make him a better player. Yes, they will go down, but he will make a big enough impression to get a transfer. They are getting a steal with this signing considering they've paid some crap players 6million. Maybe Eddie J. will reconsider their offer come January.

15. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Giles Barnes is out for a little while at Derby so he might get to play some early, if he actually moves to Derby.

16. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

17. DCDare1

DCDare1 New Member

I'm excited for Benny. He was great to watch in the Gold Cup.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nice to see that Bradley's testimonial did the trick for him. I think Davis will use him wisely and that Benny will establish himself before the weather turns cool.

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Fantastic news for Benny and the USMNT. Best of luck to him cracking the first XI!

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Benny got his first playing time yesterday, in Derby's win. He came on in the 80th minute. Of note, he sent in one pretty pass which almost led to a score. Hopefully he'll get more playing time next week.