BCS chase

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 2, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

On the winner of WVU/Louisville going to big game:
    - Only if it's WVU... sorry 'villeans, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

And if Louisville wins, then possibility of loser of OSU/Mich going:
    - ONLY if Mich loses close. The games in Columbus! Anyone saying that if OSU loses close, they could still go...WRONG!

2. pettyfog

Well, with Louisville winning 44-34, I think I'm safe in saying that both teams are over rated.

There's no one playing defense.

I predict Rutgers beats Louisville and WVU beats Rutgers... end game!

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The Big (L)East. I think your prediction is spot on.

4. pettyfog

Ohio State 17-10 illinois... argghhhhh ... and to think I was beginning to get bored with their games.

Not that Illinois was chumps.. they brought their A-Game, esp on Defense, but OSU STILL should have won by at least two TD's.

Some of the worst play-calling I've seen since John Cooper was coach.

If I didnt know better, i'd say OSU was sand-bagging...I THINK I know better, anyway.

On post game interviews, struck by the OSU players not being at ALL cocky at winning their 17th straight, expressions show they know they're in for a tough week ahead.

OTOH, surprise me how articulate all the players are in talking about the problems, say the right thing... made no excuses, noted the mistakes.

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Im glad the Buckeyes got a test from Illinois because it brings them back to reality before the Michigan game. I would not want to be Northwestern this weekend.

6. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Here's a good question. Who gets that mid-major spot? Looking like Boise State might get it if they don't lose.

7. pettyfog

Looks like a good bet... because the outsiders have to build cred over more than one season, and they've done that. Cant see it being a MAC team this year.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Is Boise St. the team with the blue field?

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That's the ones. Allways feel like I need to adjust my television when I'm watching their home games. But they have one heck of a record there.

10. pettyfog

Rutgers wins....
    Helluva game though, they rose a few points in my view.

11. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Louisville = out

What a great comeback by Rutgers to win the game. This game was really symbolic of the rise of Rutgers' program overall.

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

An undefeated college football team from New Jersey............it just sounds so odd.

Cheers to the Scarlet Knights though. When I was watching, they were down a couple of touchdowns I think.

13. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I dont think Rutgers has a good shot at going to the national championship even if they are unbeaten. They havent played anyone other then Louisville and I dont think WV is on their schedule. Im still going with OSU-MICH or winner of OSU MICH vs Florida if they win the sec.

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Now's a good time to throw out a shout for my Cougs.....slapping the Pokes silly last night...55-7. That Rutgers comeback was incredible. I wish I was there so I could rush the field w/ everyone else. Still, I see them losing at West Virginia. It's incredible how a lot of these one loss teams find themselves back in the thick of things because of all the upsets.

15. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Re: RE: BCS chase

Rutgers plays WVA on Dec. 2nd. They won't go to the national championship, but if they beat WVA, they're going to a BCS game!

16. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Re: RE: BCS chase

I saw this game LIVE. Section 122, Row 6, Seat 24 - I'll never forget it. The whole second half was brilliant. The coaching deserves an A+, the defense deserves an A, the offense deserves an A-, and Jeremy Ito gets an A++++++ in that half. I LOVED IT.

Incidentally, I'm one of the few Americans in our department that does research. So I got a lot of "I don't understand football, Why do Americans like football?, etc." I hope they watched that game because then they'll know.