Barry and Joe go to Hellburger

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, May 6, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Prez goes to Hellburger..

Think I pointed out elsewhere the idiotic press coverage on the President's Lunch. Andrea Mitchell thought that Obama asking for Dijon would portray him as 'elitist' to us bumpkins in the heartland.

Last time we saw something this dum was Bill Clinton goes to MacDonald's

Even the press is making fun of itself..even NBC local!
    Or is it making fun of us?
    Well, there's a clue in the writer's own self-referential link to 'filthy garden'; plus she writes for Wonkette.

But if she is making fun of us, then who gave the cynics the ammo?

To be blunt.. who was it breathlessly informed us that Michelle's casual kicks sold for $520?
    Isnt it more important that the Obama's are sending their kids to private schools in DC -the nation's WORST school system- while the Admin reneged on already awarded in-process grants to send other kids to the same schools?
    You wont see that without help from the internet cynics.

2. pettyfog

I posted the above in 'YRTN' several days ago.

Seems like many people didnt get it. It's NON-NEWS!!!! Get that? it was MADE news by the angle presented by the covering press. Who just HAPPENED to be at Hellburger when Joe and Barry dropped in.
    But Andrea Mitchell's folks at MSNBC were being too smart by half when they cut out the part where the Prez asked for Dijon on his. Because 'Dijon' is so..well you know.
    I dont know if the IDIOT press even knows that almost every two-star or higher hamburger dive in the midwest provides Dijon.. or a replica thereof. Like I said elsewhere, when I read about this I'd just finished a baloney {sic} sandwich with Dijon on it.

So, in ROFLOAO we were NOT making fun of Obama, we were making fun of the sycophantic press-lemmings determined to prove he's a regular guy. Just like those the NY and DC press corps make fun of midwestern yokels, otherwise. Who's the FURKING YOKELS YOU ASS-KISSERS?!!!

But all that does is bring out leftist morons who pretend somehow it's the President being attacked.
    So now it's a story because of the reaction to shit that isnt newsmade into news but leaving out details that might subtract from the 'importance' of the stuff that isnt news.
    Get that? Maybe you dont.. read the comments on there. Some dont get it, and apparently never will. Just like some on here wont get it. And some try to prove MSNBC was RIGHT to cover it up!!!

And AGAIN.. THIS is news made not-news by MSM people ignoring it.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

How are they planning "to effectively eliminate" the DC voucher program? It doesnt really say. It's also not clear how the program works. Do the scholarships go to the brightest students or does anyone have a chance? I agree it should be news, but like all news it wont be covered in the detail needed to really make an informed decision.

All this school stuff really turns my stomach. Were having a bunch of it in my school district right now - lots of people upset that the Board is going to renew the superindendant's contract a year early. There is no mystery or rocket science and research needed to educate a child, but for some reason everyone has decided that there is.

4. pettyfog

No funding= worthless voucher letters.
    Same as is being done here in Ohio with elimination of vouchers and charter schools funding.

Aside: You know this would be a worthy cause for the Gates Foundation. Pretty sure they've done something similar in the past. Not every corporate derivative foundation dares buck the teachers' unions but I bet Bill and Melinda could do it.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bill Gates is working on public education.

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/united-s ... ategy.aspx

There are schools in the Cleveland area getting help from his foundation. I should look into how they are doing. A principal at one of the schools used to be a teacher at my son's school and I still see him every so often.

6. pettyfog

ah.. good. Hope he's keeping a tight rein on it and not letting it be subverted by the Ayers proselytes, like so many in the past.