Avoiding the Score

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Feb 9, 2010.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Ag brought up a point on the Burnley match thread that I thought should be its' own topic... avoiding the score. Business is intervening and I will not be able to watch or follow the match live (which ends 2 pm out here on the left coast). The DVR is set, but I can never watch without finding out the score first. I can't give the reason other than I'm worthless and weak. :oops:

I need to know if I'm going to be pissed off or happy going into watching the taped game. Now this must be silly for those of you with will power, but how do you avoid finding out the result? Am I the only one afflected? :shock:

TBH, today is too late. Come 4 O'Clock, before getting on the parking lot that will be disguised as the 5 freeway going north from Irvine, my cellphone will be just too handy not to check.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

self-restraint -- oxymoron in SoCalJoe World!

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Will power. But being busy at work doesn't hurt. I'll cheat and look if it's a match I don't expect much from. This one though, I'll probably go home with the mystery intact.

Speaking of which, time to bail on this site for the day. :lol:

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I tried this today and failed miserably, to my delight. It was fun to come home and see that we were up 3-0. I gave this game save until I delete status, the first time I have done this all year.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I remember when FSC would delay a Saturday game until Monday. That sucked, but all I had to do was avoid this site and newsnow and the 2 days went by quickly.

You should also avoid your Myspace or Facebook as some friends like to tell you all about the score. Avoiding that sucks the most.

6. IanHux

IanHux New Member

You aren't the only one afflicted. I just have to find out. It drives me insane... plus it helps me screen out the horrid losses that I'd rather avoid, which in turn helps me lower my blood pressure

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc aren't a problem for me. I'm quite pleased to realize that.

I pulled it off and didn't look despite going so far as to click on the FUSA link at one point before exiting out before it loaded.

Glad I did. To me, 3-0 is better when you don't know it's coming. Plus, I don't want to skip the painful matches. What's being a Fulham supporter without nausea and ulcers?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

With all the Sunday matches we've had this season, I have had a few occasions to wait -- sometimes until late that evening -- to watch the game "live." No problem. As Valentine Michael Smith liked to say, "Waiting for fullness is all."

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I resemble this remark :shock:

10. tim

tim Active Member

I hear ya Joe. I self-impose a media blackout for mid-week fixtures (and even when weekend games are shown on tape delay). I don't mind, as long as we win. So last night was fine.

Last Saturday, watching that on delay...not so much.

11. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Touche. Ulcers I can handle.... but not a big fan of nausea

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

ianhux5: to avoid nausea, turn away from the television before Peter Crouch celebrates a goal.