Attn: FUSA article commenters

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by pettyfog, Dec 7, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

As you know we've had some problems with site security.

Besides it having been hijacked a few weeks ago there have been, for some time, repeated instances of folks ''subscribing" and leaving what looks like 'meta-tags' in comments to older articles.

While this might just be an exercise of some sort, it amounts to pouring garbage into the site. Because it's not possible to delete all comments while deleting the 'user' who wrote them, I've been going through the archived articles and turning off their comments.

Unfortunately this means that the 'good' comments have been dumped along with the garbage.

Once the new software has been tested and loaded, this MAY change. But again, it may not.

sorry for the difficulties.

Your Admins

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

PettyFog,

We really appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in. I think I can speak for everyone to say that anything we need to do to make sure we don't get hijacked again, just ask. Thank you.