Anyone play FIFA 2008?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Bradical, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Bradical

Bradical Member

(obviously the transfer season and waiting for the season to begin has taken its toll on me here)

If you play FIFA 2008 as Fulham, I'd be curious what your formation and lineup is. As for myself, I put this squad out:

-----------Schwarzer
    -----Paintsil-Hangeland-Volz
    -------------Davies
    -----Bouazza--Gera--Johnson
    -------------Bullard
    -------Dempsey--Kamara

Totally unfeasible in reality, but good for 7-12 goals a game on the XBox360 and lots of hardware...

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Yes, I do. As far as I can tell, Paintsil isn't in the database though. I've got it for PS2 so maybe it's a smaller database.

3. Bradical

Bradical Member

Paintsil is in there (misspelled and all) - but he's rated only a 47.

So what's your formation/lineup jmh?

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Is he on West Ham's default roster? I looked just last night and couldn't find him.

In keeping with Roy, I've moved Fulham into a 4-5-1 featuring:

Keller
    Volz, Hughes, Hangman, Konchesky
    Davies, Davis, Andreasen, Bullard, Gera
    Johnson

Schwarzer, Stefanovic, Bouazza, Dempsey, Nevland

The two wide players wind up getting tired quickest so Bouazza and Dempsey are the most frequently used subs. I'm thinking of switching it to a 4-1-4-1 with Andreasen at d-mid because he gets forward more than I'd like playing in the middle like that. Why do you use Paintsil instead of Konch if he's only rated a 47?

By the way, what's REALLY interesting is the changes I've made on WSM08 (aka FM08). That's probably a whole other thread though.

5. Bradical

Bradical Member

As for Paintsil, I'm just trying to get the kid some PT - I ususally win so big that his rating is not a factor. He is on the West Ham roster in the Xbox360 version.

I'd use Roy's formation except I like having alot of speed out there - so I find a way to have Dempsey, Johnson, Bouazza, Kamara, and Gera on the pitch at the same time- and Bullard setting everyone up. My subs are usually Murphy, Konchesky, Keller, Nevland, and Andreasen (although he has a pitiful rating). Get a 360!

What changes do you mean?

6. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Re: RE: Anyone play FIFA 2008?

Intersetingly, he's amazing in FM08. I've been trying to sign him for years, but I'm playing as a not-so-rich club that started out in the Conference.

7. Bradical

Bradical Member

Re: RE: Anyone play FIFA 2008?

Correction - Andreason is actually quite good (76 I think) - I made a mistake by originally grabbing a different one ("Andreasson") who was dreadful, a 37 I think... Gera is very fun to play with.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Anyone play FIFA 2008?

I'd like to get a 360 but between the PS2 and the Wii and WSM08 on the PC I don't really have room - or TIME for more games in my life!

As for what I've done in my first half-season in charge (I just recently got WSM08 because my computer was having issues before)...

Offloaded Baird and Smertin and Warner
    Signed Jozy Altidore and sent him to Belgium to get EU citizenship
    Put the team in a 4-3-3
    Signed defensive midfielders Jurica Vranjes from Werder Bremen (they wouldn't sell Andreasen) and James Wesolowski from Leicester (great potential)
    Brought in on loan CM Inler Gokhan from Udinese, LB Alessandro Potenza from Fiorentina (Konchesky got hurt), CF Nicklas Bendtner from Arsenal
    GOTTEN LEE COOK INTO THE LINEUP! HE EXISTS!

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I have that but I prefer World Soccer Manager 08...also known as World Football Manager. I'm currently Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga and in 3 seasons I took them to the Champions League Final. I lost to another suprise team (Valencia). Along the way, I ousted Arsenal and Bayern Munchen (Munich to us) in the knockout stages. My first season I barely survived relegation as I allowed a million goals. I had two key purchases that I felt turned the team around. Kaspar Schmeichal (probably spelled that wrong), and Brede Hangeland. The next season I allowed the least amount of goals and I finished in 3rd. The following year I won the Bundesliga, lost to Valencia in the Champions League Final as mentioned, and lost to Dortmund in the German Cup Final. Almost pulled out the triple!

As a side note, my wife absolutley hates the game and I won't be suprised to come home and find the disk broken one of these days. :)

10. jmh

jmh New Member

I've got Fulham finishing ~5th-6th and we seem ready to make some serious noise in the next few years, although it'll be really tough to knock off Arsenal. Biggest signings have included Russian goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev, Chilean defender Arturo Vidal, French defensive midfielder Alou Diarra, Dutch central midfielder Theo Janssen (not to be confused with Dutch sculptor Theo Jansen), Brazilian left winger Sergio Mota, Joe Cole (who got fed up with never playing for the Blue Poo), and, of course, Jozy Altidore. It's quite a United Nations I've got going! We've gotten to finals in the League Cup and the UEFA Cup but lost both (to Arsenal and Atletico Madrid).

11. Bradical

Bradical Member

Of course I'm assuming you guys know the trick of signing all of the top free agents and selling them the following season - one year Miroslav Klose was a free agent (!), I signed him for 1/2 his standard wage price (and no transfer fee, obviously) - I had to sell him the next year because I just felt so guilty. I also got Altidore that way, and kept him.

Since I honor Fulham's current roster, my team is struggling a bit (not churning out as many goals) w/ Bouazza on loan, and Healy in limbo... but AJ is awesome. Pantsil is getting enough PT to get his rating into the 50's at least.