Any other EPL Team you Support?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dave2d2, Jan 19, 2008.

1. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Does anyone here support another team as well as Fulham currently in the Priemiership (or at any other level for that matter)?

2. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

3. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Wow. Point taken :)

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Reading

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

There are no other teams that I support, but plenty I have a soft spot for and keep an eye out for their result, these include Walsall, Watford and Preston.

6. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Never...I'm Fulham till I die

7. andyns

andyns New Member

never

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

If I ever support another team in the EPL, I'll give you permission to shoot me on the spot. :)

9. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Nope. I have a soft spot for Nottingham Forest and a couple of non-league teams, but thats about it.

10. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

No. I do however follow how some of the American players on the other teams are doing.

11. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

When i first started watching the EPL I had soft spots for some other sides but as my Fulham ties deepened I began to despise the rest of em more and more by the day. The idea of ever supporting any other prem team is at this point unconscionable, unthinkable, unethical!

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Every Prem team is a potential roadblock to either survival or qualification for Europe. I have no time for any of them. If Luton found themselves in the Prem in three year's time, I'd be trashing them as hard as I trashed Watford last year.

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

No, I follow a few players, most of them Americans, on other teams. I also follow Leeds and hope they do well as I lived there and had my first son there.

However, if I had to choose between the US MNT and Fulham it would be the former.

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i'm actually a diehard chelsea fan. i only follow fulham because it offers me some real life perspective and pegs my ego down a notch.

following the blues, sox, pats, and celts spoils me too much. gotta punish the psyche, ya know?

15. Lyle

Lyle New Member

16. jmh

jmh New Member

I am, as of recently, a supporter of Ebbsfleet United. Other than that, though, basically just Fulham in English soccer.

17. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

I sense sarcasm in timmyg's reply.

18. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Spurs - but I think everyone already knows that and that they are disgusted by it... Oh well.

19. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Agreed

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Easy to come up w/a one word answer (no), or two if I wanted to be more colorful. The prospect of relegation means there are 19 teams that stand in the way of staying up in the league I love to follow. Even though I want the US players to keep developing and improving, I don't like seeing any team around our current postion having any success whatsoever no matter who's on the roster.

The way US sports are organized (no relegation, and 2 seperate conferences ala NFC and AFC or American and National Leagues), its far easier to like multiple teams. In the NFL, teams from seperate conferences play once every 3 years (unless in the Super Bowl). Combine that w/University allegiances (not a Patriots fan, but Tedy Bruschi is a source of pride for all Arizona alums) and you get soft spots for other teams.