Another one bites the dust ...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by quickdraw, Aug 27, 2007.

1. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/27/ ... cnnSTCText

so it would seem yet another cabinet member of the Bush administration has decided to take a premature leave of office.

I can't say I am surprised. I am more surprised that Bush and family seem keen to continue their reassertions that they have done a good job.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yes... I agree. Gonzales is a dumbass and not up to it. What Gonzales is guilty of is inability to control political spin. And far as I know... imcompetence in that area is not a prison offense.

But would you like to point out how Dubya compares to Slick Willy in that regard? Or point out the "We've done a good job" statements... I can counter that with a 'We've made mistakes" if you want to see who can piss the furthest.

and
    Would you care to stake a beer on Gonzales actually having done anything indictable or even that will be censured in the congress?
    You dont REALLY think the Dems expect to come up with anything..do you? They're doing exactly what they thought they were elected to do... make life miserable for Dubya. At the expense of actually doing anything worthwhile

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Re: Another one bites the dust ...

I don't think Gonzales did anything wrong. That much I am sure of, which leads me to almost feel sorry for the man. He truely looks lost and hurt. It's just another case of Bush willing to leave someone out to dry to get the public to forget about everything else going on.

I just can't wait for all this nonsense to be done and over with.

4. pettyfog

RE: Re: Another one bites the dust ...

Jeez.... QD you jump from one Subjective 'Feeling' to another. Step back and think...

Politics is a rough business. 'Good Hearted' people cant expect to not have all the garbage in the world thrown at them.

I dont feel sorry for him... he'll survive, he's a really good lawyer. I feel sorry for US.

5. pettyfog

And of course, just as in the case of jackals and hyenas anywhere, the smell of blood only emboldens them.

HuffPost Calls for a Military Coup
    - Of course, when it hits the 'righty blogs', Lewis claimed that it was a 'parody'.. yeah right. Just like that old ricochet bullet on Randi Rhodes.

All George Bush property should be seized
    - Yep... Jackals, shine a light on them and... they disappear into the scrub. Just like that post.

And of course,
    Stop Bush Cronyism!!!

[more rants on 'cronyism'}
    Hmmm... you mean the Bobby Kennedy that was appointed by his brother.. the same who wiretapped Martin Luther King?

Move along, folks...nothing ironic here!