Another North Floridian

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by mmitchel, Dec 21, 2007.

1. mmitchel

mmitchel New Member

I've seen jaxcottager around here so I know there is at least one other Jacksonvillian on the board. I'm a soccer newbie (in my late 30's) in every sense of the word. Saw my first "real" soccer match this year in Tampa (US vs. Ecuador) and have been hooked ever since. I have a very limited knowledge of the English leagues but Fulham seems like a team I can root for. I look forward to learning and commiserating with some friendly folks here in the future. Nice meeting you all

Matthew

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

welcome, Matthew. You have joined us -- in the spirt of the ancient Chinese curse -- in "interesting" times.

Hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have. Don't be a stranger!

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Matthew, welcome to FulhamUSA. Glad to have you and enjoy.

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi Matthew, welcome aboard.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Welcome, from the other side of North Florida, known in some circles as L.A. or Lower Alabama, or perhaps you've heard it more exactly referred to as The Redneck Riviera.

"Panama City Beach, beautiful beaches, and less doublewides than there used to be."

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Howdy, mmitchel!
    Glad to have you aboard... and did you know that your fellow floridian, FFCinPCB, is solely responsible for this site figuring in on Sports Illustrated #6 top media brouhaha's for 2007? And that Eric Wynalda is no longer speaking to him? No, l thought not.

In fact Waldo even refused to speak to me and I just wanted to buy him a bratwurst. Oh, well....

Ummm, Franek... that would be 'fewer' doublewides. Unless you miss them.
    heh...

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Matthew, well the rest of the season will certainly not be a dull one. You've made a good choice as long as you keep the blood pressure medication readily available.

8. mmitchel

mmitchel New Member

Re: RE: Another North Floridian

If I remember correctly, didn't that brouhaha happen at a pub in Tampa, the night before the US-Ecuador game? I was actually there, but being a non-drinker, and a newbie soccer fan, I was sort of a fish-out-of-water. I do seem to remember some Fulham stuff getting auctioned for large amounts of $$$. The up-side of the trip was my wife learned that she really liked to watch soccer (and the US winning of course)

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You're a non-drinker? Hmmm; how will you EVER survive the season rooting for Fulham? :3d smile: :big grin: :lol: :D

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Re: RE: Another North Floridian

First time I've heard most of that, P-foggy-fog. Are we on the CNN/Sports Illustrated website or something? And Waldo dissed you on a brat? Not nice.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: Re: RE: Another North Floridian

Welcome to FUSA and hope you enjoy the site. Heed Don's words of wisdom. The Whites will definitely drive you to drinkin'.

12. jlough

jlough New Member

Welcome. If you won't have a pint, we will have to have one for you.

13. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Welcome Matthew, as a fellow non-drinker be encourage to hit the sodas hard this tough season. Glad to have you on board, an ddon't worry about your lack of knowledge of the game. It's not hard to figure out, but it can become very addicting though.

14. mmitchel

mmitchel New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have a 10 year old and twin 7 year olds so, if they haven't driven me to drink yet, I don't think Fulham can either. I'm going to try to be optimisitc

15. jaxcottager

jaxcottager New Member

Welcome Matthew, I wouldn't test that one.

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome Matthew...glad you found the site and that for your growing interest in soccer. Hopefully our Whites can turn around this nightmare we've gone through til now. We look forward to your insights on this forum. I'll be pounding the soda with you and Fernando since I'm a non-drinker too.