An ideal Starting XI?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by krhimself, Aug 16, 2006.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

An easy question to ask, but a hard question to answer: What starting lineup do you think will be the most effective for the mighty Whites for the upcoming season?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

- Niemi in goal
    - Rosenior at right back
    - Christanval and Knight at the center back positions although this position leaves a lot to be desired. I really wish we would sign an experienced center half soon.
    - Queudrue at left back
    - Papa Bouba and Bullard in the middle of the park
    - Michael Brown on the right, although he is better suited for a central role, he is not better than Bullard and I think Bullard will be better in the middle and give Fulham more scoring chances with him playing there.
    - Boa Morte on the left
    - Helguson and Collins John up front.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't want to lead with my head where fitba is concrerned. I want Boca rather than Zat, Brian rather than John, Volzy rather than Rosenior, with Rosenior first off the pine.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Can't wait for Sunday. I have two possible lineups just because I think there's no way Cookie would do this first one, especially since they haven't used it at all in the preseason. But I'm putting it down cuz I'd at least like to see it.

3-1-4-2

Niemi
    Volzy Knight Queudrue
    Diop
    Rosenior Bullard Brown Boa
    John HH

I like it cuz we get both Volzy an Rosie on the field, plus we would have numbers in the midfield. Let's face it, I'm not all that sold on our Center backs anyways, so why not play less of them? It won't happen though....this is wishful thinking.

Now here's one that's more likely...at least for the first match being ManU and at their place.
    4-5-1

Niemi
    Rosenior Knight Christanval Queudrue
    Radz Papa Bullard Brown Boa
    HH

I'd prefer 4-4-2, drop Radz and put John in, but who knows

5. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I'm good with Tom's lineup posted above...except Niemi should always be noted as Super Hero Niemi. :D