Always look on the bright side of life! The schism begins..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 7, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Harry Reid kisses Kos' butt and they fart.
    - - - - -
    Notes from Glenn Reynolds that I think are key:
    Fortunately for us.. and the Dems, they are sorta locked in to Pelosi's promises as of last night. So the speechifying is gonna meet reality.

The question is... The DNCC brilliantly selected a lot of Moderate Conservative Dems to pick up those seats in the Red States.
    Now it's not just a bunch of old guard.. and what allegiance wins out?

To the voters who were tired of the old guard GOP, or will they follow Pelosi like sheep.

2. pettyfog

RE: Always look on the bright side of life! The schism begin

My most disturbing casualty:

Ken Blackwell wasnt part of the much despised -by everyone- Taft administration. He had no ties to Mike Dewine.. and he would have been the best candidate to get Ohio back on solid tax/jobs footing AND root out the remaining corruption.. {including any in the Treasurer's office, which I think is there}

But he was tarred by his own negative rep primary campaign* and by baseless charges by Dems that he 'rigged' Ohio election in '04.

And having him win after Esquire called him a GOP lawn-Jockey would have been sweet.
    - - - - -- - - - - - -
    * Lessons for GOP: Conservatives dont like negative campaigning. If you have a message stick to it.

And I think the Tennessee campaign ad would have been just as effective if a 'hot black chick' saying she met Ford at the Playboy Club, had been used in place of the blonde. Sometimes PC IS politically correct!

3. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

I'm surprised that not as many of the OH House seats flipped as there could have been... probably some closer than expected races, but some of your establishment guys held up pretty well... and considering the current national rep for OH Repubs, that's not a bad sign...

That being said...

It's time for a Democrat Happy Dance! Look at the baby go!!!!!

*I've been waiting for weeks to be able to do that*

4. pettyfog

See.. now that's why I'm 'politiblogging' here instead of on matchnight..I seem to be the only conservative on here, while there were several of us there; but half the replies to anything I said there were on the level of "f87233g bushwad asshole '
    Of course that was from a Celtic fan so it's to be expected... but after a couple of years.

5. pettyfog

References now being made to how Reagan worked with Congress and how Bush should do that...
    Uh.. but the Dems had Tip O'Neill, then.

But I see troubles... first on the list for Dems: 'Minimum Wage' Oh fucrineoutloud!

Codeword for payback to Unions, what there's left of them

6. pettyfog

Gawd...MORE minimum wage crap from the dems... NOBODY said anything about minimum wage on exit polls!

It's ALWAYS the first thing brought up by the Dem talking heads.. what IS this crap!

What the CORE response was: corruption and spending. I think the RW blogs are now gonna focus on extending sunshine to spending practices and they know it.. so, since the Minimum Wage doesnt involve taxes or spending I guess that's the safe thing to do... but inflation is a tax, too.

Some say it will increase unemployment.. but I doubt there's anyone but teens and illegals working for less than proposed minimum. COULD affect fast food.... but like I said, that wage is one of the things unions use to peg their new wage contracts.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Can't speak for other places, but have seen fast food joints in this part of FL (more affluent than other parts) with ads on their frontage signs for jobs starting at $10.00/hr.

Seems like a lot, but when was the last time you (collective) managed on that?

8. pettyfog

Republican congressman Mike Pence
    - yep

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

BuSh and his administration pushed too hard, and many Republicans lended some muscle. My perspective, Americans became more fearful of Republicans' agenda than any of the fear mongering issues they tried to portray.

10. pettyfog

That's yours and the liberal MSM view.. amazing how they coincide, huh.

It's NOT really the FACTS that count, it's how people FEEL when they read the headlines.

What fear mongering would that be... the same as I do? I do it independently because I have READ the fatwa's and I read what is said in some not very pleasant news items.

Bush's problem is his single-mindedness on the issue, and his inarticulate communication on it.

It's NOT just a Bush or racist meme.
    Exactly... but there are TWO reasons fast food joints have labor shortages:

1. It's hard work. And you have to be nice to customers.

2. Guess! {hint: has to do with self-image}

Now let's think about how pop-culture, (certainly 'liberal', no?) portrays those who work at McDonalds.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I read the tea leaves a long time ago and have had this debate with many people. If anything, this election gave the other half (or more) of Americans HOPE that our country's leadership will not get wrapped around the axle on terorism and will still pay attention to the many other issues that are part of our society. That's not saying terrorism gets ignored, far from it, but rather stays at the top of the "to do list". The days of justifying every oppressive governmental decision under the guise of national security are HOPEFULLY over!

Petty, does that guy over in Afghanistan reading the fatwah really scare you that much? Do you fear him sending his disciples through your doors and windows in the middle of the night? Do you not have confidence in your country and yourself to come to your defense?

Let's stop with the threat mongering hyperbole and start talking about reality, and the real best way to defend against fundmentalist crazies.

12. pettyfog

Talking about threat mongering hyperbole!!!
    WHAT OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT DECISION?!!!!

I keep asking that because you guys keep bringing it up... but no one answers directly WHAT!
    What IS it in the patriot act affects you?

It's SOMETHING YOU FEEL.. and you only FEEL it because someone else cries 'civil liberties'!

I want someone to have the balls to tell me how they are gonna root out Al Queda, right here and now IN THE US without trampling someones right to call anyone they want to, and keep it private.

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member