AEG and Chelsea Have Linked Up

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

According to an article I read on soccernet.com, Chelsea and AEG, a company that owns a number of MLS outfits are partnering up in the summer of 2007. The deal consists of Chelsea coming over and playing a team or teams during the summer. In addition, Chelsea would have first right to players that are owned by MLS. Also, Chelsea will have the ability to loan players to MLS teams under AEG. To read for yourself, here is the article:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 81&cc=5739

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dont think so.. certainly AEG can work special deals, but that would only pertain to AEG clubs. eg; has no effect on the Crew, Dallas, KC, RBNY.. etc.

I assume that means a 'sweetheart' setup where the usual red tape concerning a loan is bypassed. At the least they create a 'template form' and all subsequent transactions would work the same.

I like this:
    That's what ManU thought they were getting when they teamed up with the Yankees...I never did see any 'product' out of that unholy alliance. Maybe MSG carried some games..

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Petty, thats really all that came from that 'unholy' alliance...some Manure matches on MSG at obscure hours of the weekday and weekend. What messed up the deal, I assume, is that the Yankees left MSG and created their own channel, the YES network!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

IOW, I was .. and am.. right about the ManUre Yankee deal.

Well, here's a prognostication on Gals/Chelsea... after this blurb
    leads to a rather pedestrian article on the veteran/newbie make-up of the Galaxy..

I am beginning to mentally and emotionally assign Galaxy the same sort of scorn I do the Yankees and did formerly ManU, now I do Chelsea.

First they hired Steve Sampson, failed nats coach and uber-ego. then they somehow got Donovan's rights from the Quakes..which BTW is a great incentive for a jilted team.

Now this. And many of the preseason predictors have Gals winning it again.. Oh, I DO so hope that each and every other team save their best for Sampson's company!

Or maybe, it would be good for Portugal to set up a special lottery to use proceeds to buy Mourinho for their national team, then Chelsea would somehow, in a fit of clueless, hire Sampson... oh what a dream!
    :banana:
    - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -- -
    OTOH I {and most everyone else, for that matter} see more and more of this happening... Barca has evidently made some sort of deal with RBNY, I think there's more to it than just a summer scrimmage.

Watch Real Madrid and maybe DC... not too much 'Adu' about that right now, but...

Leaving the Crew.. where? Well, they already have Fulhams phone number in the rolodex...