AAAARRGGHHHHHHHH!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoFan, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Thanks, I feel much better now. Honestly, I get back in the country expecting to see that that Fulham has taken no fewer than 7 points from their last 4, and all I see are draws????

Why, O why, O why does this team always play to the level of the competition? They can take it right to Chelsea, and nearly win, yet all they can muster are three lifeless draws against the relegation candidates? Ugh!

Just once, I'd like to see Fulham get the results that they're SUPPOSED to get against inferior competition, instead of always saying "if only," "should have," or "what might have been."

I know I can't be too upset with 12th place, and only 3 points off the top 8, but that's what makes it so frustrating -- if EVER there were a season where a top 6 or 8 finish was there for the taking, this is it. Jesus, just win at home against f-ing Watford, West Ham, or Charlton, and we'd be seriously talking about a place in Europe, for God's sake!

C'mon, Fulham! This past year, you've stressed me out WAY too much! The New Year is a new start! Let's get some WINS!

2. colm

colm New Member

RE: AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

4 games in 10 days, with the only change to the starting line up being john for helguson (due to suspension).
    If you add the fact that we have 9 first teamers out (that includes neimi) then four draws doesn't look all that shabby.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: AARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!

I'd have to agree. I was fully expecting 8 points, and -- truth be told -- it should have been that way. We outplayed and should have hammered both Charlton and Watford. Having said all that, I'm pleased with the 4 points -- especially the last one[!] -- since most of the struggling teams did no better and many did worse.

4. BewareOfTheSteve

BewareOfTheSteve New Member

RE: AARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!

If the team were healthy... then I'd agree with those expectations.

...that is, if, for those games, we had a fully health Bullard, Diop, Boa Morte, Knight (though Boca's done excellent the past two), Jensen...

The squad's pretty beat up, so, considering that... I'm hard pressed to be very angst ridden at the moment.